What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What signing will be the biggest flop 2022

Biggest Flop

• Adam Reynolds

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Kurt Capewell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Addo-Carr

• TPJ

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Matt Burton

• Nico Hynes

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Dane Gagai

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Chad Townsend

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • George Burgess

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Moses MBye

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Moses Suli

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Shaun Johnson

• Jackson Hastings

• Tyrone Peachey

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I voted for JAC. He's not going to have as many opportunities playing on the flank at the Bulldogs. The structure of Storm was perfect for him as the halves created plenty of space for him to make use of his pace. He's not going to get that in a rebuilding Bulldogs team.

Chimp

Bench
Chad will easily be the biggest waste of money, but I couldn’t call him a flop, as he’s been shite for a long time anyway, so surely nobody is expecting $800k of value from him.
So, ignoring Chad, I think Reynolds - I actually think he’s overrated anyway at Souths - barely runs the ball so isn’t a threat ball in hand, all he really has is a good kicking game IMO, but had the perfect half in Walker to take the pressure away. Won’t have that at the Broncos, and is in a much weaker team too - I think he’ll be poor, and probably injured a lot.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Adam Reynolds. Not so much cause he can't play, but I think too much is expected in Brisbane just by him joining the club. They still have the wrong coach in charge and no amount of coach whispering will be able to fix what is wrong with the game plan.

Chimp

Bench
i like that no one has even bothered to mention Mbye, it's just a given
That’ll be, because just like Chad, absolutely nobody expects anything from Mbye, so it’s not a flop - there’s got to at least be some people expecting big things from the individual for it to be classed as a flop.
Players like Chad, Mbye, Woods should be spending large chunks of their days on their knees in front of their agents paying them back in whatever way their agent chooses for the contracts they’ve delivered them.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Suli. Guys defence is abhorrent. It was covered up a little at Manly because they could score points with ease, & the 1 or 2 tries he let in a game usually didn't effect the outcome.

At Saints, every point matters & he's going to be badly exposed. He'll be sleeping in the car in the carpark while training's going on by round 10.

Also "The Chad". Thank God for the cowboys taking the diabolic recruitment decision trophy away from the tigers & taking it to new lofty heights. How can anyone that knows anything about the game think signing him on over 850k a season is a good decision. The mind boggles.

Dane Gagai - Coming off a strong club year, don't think he will have the same impact at the knights.

Matt Burton - Main playmaker in what is otherwise an ineffective spine at the Dogs.

Jamal Fogarty - will get Ricky's

Kurt Capewell - Brisbane have sufficient forwards. May not get the same impact as a high performing Penrith team.

soc123_au

Staff member
Burton. Not because he isn't a great player, just because he wont be able to meet the expectations of dragging the Dogs out of the bottom 4 on his own. 2023 could be a different story though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Burton. Not because he isn't a great player, just because he wont be able to meet the expectations of dragging the Dogs out of the bottom 4 on his own. 2023 could be a different story though.
with these signings they should be out of the bottom 4!

Matt Burton (Panthers), Josh Addo-Carr (Storm), Brent Naden (Panthers), Matt Dufty (Dragons), Paul Vaughan (Dragons), Tevita Pangai jnr (Broncos/Panthers)

Fangs

Coach
Gagai.

Actually had a pretty good year in 2021. However I don't see him improving at the Knights. Expecting them to miss the 8 and his form to drop.

soc123_au

Staff member
with these signings they should be out of the bottom 4!

Matt Burton (Panthers), Josh Addo-Carr (Storm), Brent Naden (Panthers), Matt Dufty (Dragons), Paul Vaughan (Dragons), Tevita Pangai jnr (Broncos/Panthers)
f9736f0f1ab2bd0081871e56935cae12

I think you underestimate the T Baz effect.