What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What song is stuck in your head right now?

crocodile

Bench
As a Sweeney fan I always loved this song for referencing the Sweeney - "The Sweeney"s doing 90 cos they got the word to go to get a gang of villains in a shed up at Heathrow"
Eefrow. Chris Difford isn't a natural Cockney but jeez he pulls it off well. It's full of covert meanings and references. The Sweeny verse is excellent. Counting out the fivers when the handcuffs lock again.
Couple a likely lads that swear like how's ya father.

Honestly, where would we be without British music.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Eefrow. Chris Difford isn't a natural Cockney but jeez he pulls it off well. It's full of covert meanings and references. The Sweeny verse is excellent. Counting out the fivers when the handcuffs lock again.
Couple a likely lads that swear like how's ya father.

Honestly, where would we be without British music.
I would have sworn he was from the East End. You definitely learn something new every day.

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
Wow! I didn't know he played at the Family, that's not far from where I live. I saw him at the Hordern Pavilion in (I think) 1982. I was only a little tacker and I was surrounded by Bikers, but they were really cool to me all night.

Now that you mention it, I think I saw him at the Hordern as well.

I lived not far away from The Family back then. Saw quite a few "internationals" there. Canned Heat and Steppenwolf come to mind. Probably a few others that I can't remember now. The most notorious was Motorhead who were unbelievably loud. In fact they were partially responsible for the closure of the pub as a live venue due to all the noise complaints received. I've seen some pretty loud bands in pubs, and have cranked a few Marshalls myself, but I've never heard anything near the volume of Motorhead.

crocodile

Bench
Now that you mention it, I think I saw him at the Hordern as well.

I lived not far away from The Family back then. Saw quite a few "internationals" there. Canned Heat and Steppenwolf come to mind. Probably a few others that I can't remember now. The most notorious was Motorhead who were unbelievably loud. In fact they were partially responsible for the closure of the pub as a live venue due to all the noise complaints received. I've seen some pretty loud bands in pubs, and have cranked a few Marshalls myself, but I've never heard anything near the volume of Motorhead.
The ol' Family. Myself and a few lads used to do pub crawls on our pushbikes back in the day. Different suburb each week. Back in the early '80s we all got banned for an all in. Rode to the bowlo down the road and laughed it off with the enemy. Fun days.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Marrickville metro great place, go there when I visit my outlaws who live in Marrickvile

The brand new section of Marrickville Metro opened yesterday across the road, looks very trendy, lots of eateries but it looks more like style over substance, will check it more properly over the weekend. Lol one of my regular customers said they are going to call the old section of the centre now, Retro Metro.

Generalzod

Immortal
The brand new section of Marrickville Metro opened yesterday across the road, looks very trendy, lots of eateries but it looks more like style over substance, will check it more properly over the weekend. Lol one of my regular customers said they are going to call the old section of the centre now, Retro Metro.
Just passed it today