What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the f**k was that?

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
Too much to mention, but half the team should be dropped....talanoa, sutton, reynolds, pettybourne, asotasi, crocker. Unacceptable bullshit. 100% nothing kicks, wtf happened to Reynolds 'good kicking game'? We know Sutton can't kick or pass.

The inclusion of Talanoa has me scracthing my head at whether Maguire's taking the piss? This team looks more directionless and lacking in confidence and ideas than last year.

The other thing that left me livid was seeing how happy all the team was after the loss, I support good sportsmanship and shaking hands even forcing a grudging smile but the light hearted crap, embracing and party atmosphere made me sick. The fans are f**king hurting fellas, act like you care. I know Matt King hasn't seen all his bffs at Melbourne for a couple of years but please respect the fans a little.

Sam Burgess is the shining light in our limpid squad and actually looks gutted after a loss.

Well...whispers are Pettybourne is on the outer as it is, and Roy and Crocker will be gone for 2013.

Anything credible on the Brett Finch front?

The 20,000 membership target for 2013 is already starting to look decidedly shaky. They'll have to buy out 15,000 junior bunny buddy passed.

pierced

Juniors
Mate you must have been sitting at our table down at the local. U have just reported on our conversation. Piss poor sums it up. The players just don't seem to care. God I can't wait for Merrit to come back. At least well have someone on the field who actually gives a f##k!

It's sad isn't it.

It's only Round Two and you really have to wonder.

We've got the 'coach', we've got the 'players' but deja vu is already kicking in.

Most teams are 1-1 yet there we are, mired to the bottom of the table with 0-2.

Big Sam

First Grade
Have just gotten back from the game (went down for the weekend) and have A LOT of observations on a number of our players. I was sitting right behind our bench so it gave me a different insight into our rotations.

1. Talanoa. The thread already devoted to him pretty much sums up my sentiments. I said after that last round Newcastle game last year that he was unfit to play first grade. Nothing's changed.
2. Asotasi. Where do I start? What a waste of 500k. Too old, too slow and now missing tackles. He was the only player not to be puffing his guts out when he came off. In the interests of both parties he should be moved onto the Super League in 2013.
3. Maguire's bench. Cannot understand the logic of devoting one of your four bench spots to a back. He's done it two weeks in a row. Corrigan came on with 5 to go. A waste. Our forwards starting struggling from about the 60th minute. Can't help but think that this wouldn't have happened with four forwards.
4. Sutton. Such a frustrating player to watch. He has two deadly weapons outside him but just doesn't know how to use them. Service to both GI and Taylor was too slow and predictable.
5. Reynolds. Whilst he's a wonderful defensive halfback, he doesn't offer much in attack. The last 15 tonight called for the creativity of Sandow to inspire something. I appreciate Reynolds will take time to find his feet but I hope he does it quickly.
6. The positives? Sam Burgess is superman. 80 minutes again, and again he was our best. Put some big hits on Hoffman and a natural leader. McQueen was strong, particularly running out of our own half and so too was King. I think King has to play in the centres, not on the wing. Farrell was again solid at the back. Made a few half breaks. Finally whilst Peats has been consistent, we are a different side when Issac is on. He has to start and play the full 80 from here on in.

Instead of the BOOK OF FEUDS, there must be some sort of coach's in-joke book that gets passed on down through the years:

Coleman to Langmack to Mcrae to Taylor to Lang to Maguire...

Big Sam

First Grade
Also forgot to mention, whilst I wasn't sitting with them, The Burrow was quite sizable in the South Western corner and it would've been nice for the players to even acknowledge after the game their traveling presence, let alone their support. The only two that applauded were Issac and Sam.

The old Melbourne trio were more content laughing and catching up with their old Storm chums.

Have just gotten back from the game (went down for the weekend) and have A LOT of observations on a number of our players. I was sitting right behind our bench so it gave me a different insight into our rotations.

1. Talanoa. The thread already devoted to him pretty much sums up my sentiments. I said after that last round Newcastle game last year that he was unfit to play first grade. Nothing's changed.
2. Asotasi. Where do I start? What a waste of 500k. Too old, too slow and now missing tackles. He was the only player not to be puffing his guts out when he came off. In the interests of both parties he should be moved onto the Super League in 2013.
3. Maguire's bench. Cannot understand the logic of devoting one of your four bench spots to a back. He's done it two weeks in a row. Corrigan came on with 5 to go. A waste. Our forwards starting struggling from about the 60th minute. Can't help but think that this wouldn't have happened with four forwards.
4. Sutton. Such a frustrating player to watch. He has two deadly weapons outside him but just doesn't know how to use them. Service to both GI and Taylor was too slow and predictable.
5. Reynolds. Whilst he's a wonderful defensive halfback, he doesn't offer much in attack. The last 15 tonight called for the creativity of Sandow to inspire something. I appreciate Reynolds will take time to find his feet but I hope he does it quickly.
6. The positives? Sam Burgess is superman. 80 minutes again, and again he was our best. Put some big hits on Hoffman and a natural leader. McQueen was strong, particularly running out of our own half and so too was King. I think King has to play in the centres, not on the wing. Farrell was again solid at the back. Made a few half breaks. Finally whilst Peats has been consistent, we are a different side when Issac is on. He has to start and play the full 80 from here on in.

Agreed x 2

Also where is Ben Lowe he was great for us last season ?

Spot On

Coach

Bloody hell. You are deadset correct on all the above. Great analysis.

Not a Bunnies supporter and I can understand the frustration of being 0 and 2, but I believe they look 100% better in many facets of the game compared to last year. The Sam Burgess impact is monumental. I would fear for the pack if he gets injured though. He is that dominant.

The halfback looks like he will be a good player but what can you expect from a kid with 2 games under his belt. Sutton - well...... sometimes saying nothing says a lot. I agree Matt King must play centre and Inglis must get ball. Those are no-brainers.

Big Sam

First Grade
Roy is not on 500K and his last contract finished in 2011.

That original 5 year contract was extended by a further 2 years (2012 and 2013) way back in 2010. 500k was his salary for those first 5 seasons (this is common knowledge). I'm assuming Richo was stupid enough to offer him the same wage for the 2 year extension.

BranVan3000

Coach
Reynolds got injured half way through, I think Luke took over his kicking duties. He is a WIP. Agree with the rest though

Noa

First Grade
I thought Dylan Farrell was really good last night (was at the game). Ran the ball back hard and looked to link up alot more then he did on Monday.

He should keep the position when Merritt comes back and should only be moved to accomodate Inglis or Roberts in which case he should be playing 6.

And though Im not his biggest fan Luke was good but my god does he know how to take a wrong option. Quite a few times the ball should have been shifted but he elected to run. Now thats OK on the 1-5 tackles in your own half but when your in the opponents 40 after a previous strong carry the ball needs to go wide.

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
6. The positives? Sam Burgess is superman. 80 minutes again, and again he was our best. Put some big hits on Hoffman and a natural leader.

We just need another 16 players like Sam. He should be this minute named our captain. My only concern with him is that the workload placed on him will eventually take its toll.

The past two weeks has proven that while solid at fullback, this is not Farrells best position. We really miss Merritts spark at the back.

t10do

Juniors
Reynolds. My heart skipped a beat when he went down clutching that knee. Put in the effort but looked a bit fatigued. I think fitness contributed towards some of his "nothing kicks".

Merritt. Will only improve us. Wing or fullback, had he been the one to receive the pass Talanoa got, I think we would have had at least 4 extra points last night.

Luke. Boofhead...but he has improved us.

Burgess. If he gets injured, we will lose one or two extra games we should win (atm). As has been stated over and over, he is putting some of our other forwards on show. Two are captains

Inglis. Showed what he is capable with that pass to McQueen and the break. Will wait to see what other plans he has.

Last nights score. Thought it would be a lot worse in all honesty.

Galeforce

Bench
Dylan , played well and is a great backup fullback. Prefer Merritt to fullback , he has more PACE and follows play better when we have the ball and knows when to chime in.
Dylan , i cannot recall him passing the ball , which is why he should not be 5/8. He is a great finisher and Wing i think is his best position. Safe under the high balls , reasonable defense and knows how to score in the corner , by diving !!! he would have scored the try that Talanoa missed by trying to walk in.
Matt is not a winger now , not fast enough now , best as a defensive centre now.

Galeforce

Bench
All the forwards played well enough.
We lost the game in the backs.
In Defense on the flanks , mostly Talanoa's side , in attack well our kicking game was a "c" and did not create much opportunity or gained great position.

themacemaceman

Juniors
After two games I think the area we have improved is how many meters the forwards are gaining. We seem to be able to get out of our own end ok. Unfortunately we don't sem to have improved in our last tackle options or our defence. Once again errors turning the ball over resulting in points to the opposition.

Big Sam

First Grade
Looking at last night's stats has confused me even more about our performance. Our completion rate was better, we missed just as many tackles and made less errors. Added to that, we only gave away 3 penalties. Yet we were clearly outclassed. Bizarre.