What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what to do about 2007 off contracters

dmickey07

Juniors
Michael Dobson
Vili Faingaa
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Steve McLean
Junior Sau
Jason Williams

how many do we re-sign and how many do we let go? For mine i think we have to get rid of jason Williams for sure, he will not get into the FG team unless there is a terrible spate of injuries. Plus we just signed another fporward in plum (who is only 24) and it should be cut and dried. i like the look of hinchcliffe so i would resign him; i think that he could shape up to be a really good hooker. Unfortunately we may not see the best of him bcoz of withers. But i think hinchcliffe could become an effective bench player. there has been much debate over dobson...i think that we should go for him with what weve got, but not pay ridiculous amounts to keep him here. We have good young players coming through and he isnt irreplaceable. I cant comment on sau, maclean and faingaa bcoz i havent seen them play. I think Sau is a centre but? if he is he would be the most likely to stay IMO as we lack centres.

skeepe

Immortal
Dobson is likely to re-sign today. I've always liked the look of Sau and Hinchliffe, keep them both. Hinchliffe isn't a bad lock either, so we've got a few positions covered with him.

Fainga'a is only young, keep him too (only SG Ball this year if memory serves me correctly)

McLean definately has potential, but has he missed the boat with so many forward signings?

Williams has served his purpose here. Time to let him find his feet at another club.

Chachi

Bench
Big Mick © said:
Junior Sau and Michael Dobson can come to Penrith if they want.
Forget Dobson, I would have thought Matty'd be after Hinchcliffe to play halfback...

thickos

First Grade
Dobson's off the market.

Besides Hinchy I'm not fussed with the crop coming off this year, which is a welcome change.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Id rather keep Sau then Hinchcliffe
i like hinchy as a player but our forwards stocks are choccers at the moment, maybe keep him on a PL contract.

Sau is a quality backline talent, which is what we need.

Latest posts