What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT WESTS TIGERS NEED TO DO tobe successful

1) Merge lower grades
2) be based permanently at the one ground - Campbelltown - fastest growing area in australia and with 400k more houses on the way too - train station right next to ground - make the ground an all seater stadium
3) Change club name to the Macarthur Wests Tigers to incorporate region into club name.
4) play marshall at 5/8 and not centre when he returns from injury
5) sign (at least) 2 quality backs - 1 centre and one utility and 2 forwards - 1 prop and 1 back rower - possibly a hooker ( bedarus/priddis) too.

innsaneink

Referee
Generalissimo Stalin said:
1) Merge lower grades
2) be based permanently at the one ground - Campbelltown - fastest growing area in australia and with 400k more houses on the way too - train station right next to ground - make the ground an all seater stadium
3) Change club name to the Macarthur Wests Tigers to incorporate region into club name.
5) sign (at least) 2 quality backs - 1 centre and one utility and 2 forwards - 1 prop and 1 back rower - possibly a hooker ( bedarus/priddis) too.

1) and 2) both have positive aspects but many negative as well. Well documented and discussed here and the official forum many times.

3)Will just alienate the fans from the Balmain side of the JV...as will a perm move to Campbo. I see your point but at the end of the day it dont really matter what ur called...just look at the DOGS, who'd wanna be called a dog?

4) You're getting closer to the money now. Hell...it cant hurt and if it means Fitzys NOT in the 6, it has my support.

5)Ding Ding Ding...give the man the money...it took you 5 goes but youve nailed it I feel....
Woolnough.
Cam Smith
Adam Mogg
Lauaki.
Dunno if there signed or not...players of this type I like

Dale.2.

Juniors
Bide our time untill our younger players develope but meanwhile just play better footy :shock:

simon says

First Grade
Ill Mason and Stringer,thatll give us the oomph.I think we have all other positions covered.People are sayin buy quality centres,well we have blokes coming through that are class and just need time.This time next year they wiilll be ready to rumble......hang in there on the backs,plus buy two meatheads.

Gobbso

Juniors
I always find it interesting from what rival supporter's opinions are in regards to what needs to be done to ensure overall success in the Long-Term for the Joint-Venture club. And i value the input as well. It is always good to get another perspective, one that is unbiased and in somewhat realistic. Our views seem to be always clouded by frustration or emotion.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Generalissimo Stalin said:
1) Merge lower grades

Gee no our problem is solved.Why hadnt anyone thought of that. :roll:

Been there done that.Its not gonna happen.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
1) Merge lower grades

1) Why waste a perfectly good advantage of being able to breed TWICE the number of youngsters? And i can really see people in the Balmain region driving all the way to cambo every week for training and games.
2 and 3) Gee, why dont we just call ourselves the Wests Magpies while we are at it? Yes! Lets piss off and loose Glebe, Balmain, Rozelle, Drumoyne, Annandale, Leichhardt, Lillifeild, Ryde, Eastwood, Putney, Five Dock, Burwood, Concord, Gladesville, Ashfield and Huntershill to the Roosters or most probably Union JUST so that the planned housing communites can have a team to watch............yay! I am sure that the 9,000 people that show up to Cambo Stadium have been desperatly trying to get their 391,000 other friends to try and come and fill up the all seater concrete monolith. Grass is essential for a ground, espcially when only 9,000 people show up.
Lets also totally forget that so far this year Leichhardt Oval brought 15000 people to see the mighty wests tigers play.
But no.............cambo is the future................. :?

Dont get me wrong, i love the JV at the moment and i want cambo to be packed out as much as the next Maggies fan does. But look at the facts.

The number of Balmain bassed fans are increasing and crowds are improving alot but Cambo crowds remain low and community support APPEARS low(this is taken from the fact that the crowd against manly was 15000 at leichhadt and the small crowd at cambo against the broncs, and then the game against Penrith the supporters bus picked up 40 people, 27 were from Balmain, 3 from ashfield and 10 from cambo.)

The facts say that if anything there is more future in the Balmain part of the JV

Once again emotion has taken over.
the JV is great and should stay around for as long as possible. Maybe in the future a split can happen when BOTH clubs can support it.

But seriously...........A train station...... that is why a total move to cambo should happen?

for 5 years we have all fought and gone nowhere, thankfully until recently there hasn't been a mention of a move or split. But also thankfully we can be assured that the WT, BT or WM have no intention of moving or splitting!

Go the mighty Balmain Tigers
Go the mighty Wests Magpies
Go the Might Wests Tigers
The JV lives on, be proud of it, and all of its advantages!

simon says

First Grade
Cullus,nice daitribe there mate.......

I dont think the future of the team is more one than the other......they both have their good bits.Lets not turn this into a my grounds better than yours again please.... :| :|

All we need to be successful is,a bloke that can kick to space,a few big boppers that will hit the line hard,and a referee that will give US a few of teh 50-50's....

Then you will see plenty of success........ ;-) ;-)

daslacker

Juniors
To be honest I don't think we need to change too much.

1.We as simon said we need more go forward.
metre eaters

2.We need to improve our attack which is killing us.
I'd be giving gary freeman a call to help us out,with
set plays and in general reading.More tactical work.

Gobbso

Juniors
Indeed there was Gr8_1. Let's just try and focus on getting a few more wins up before we start talking long-term. Just a thought :roll:

Eddie.

Bench
Moving full time to Campbelltown would be totally stupid, as would moving full time to Leichardt.

merge lower grades - no

players to maybe target

Witt
Firman - Head looks pretty secure at 7
Stringer
Mason
A center ( there is drama at the warriors, maybe a Toopi, Meli or Mellars might be worth looking at)

jilliby kitty

Juniors
umm typical after loss whining :roll: the club has played it's 4 hardest games this season .if they play like that this weekend we'll beat canberra 21+ .this side is
a good team given time and a blockbusting prop to add to the mix would be gold
but im happy and still think they'll make the 8

keep the faith 8)

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Gobbso said:
Indeed there was Gr8_1. Let's just try and focus on getting a few more wins up before we start talking long-term. Just a thought :roll:

sorry then, i should then say 13000,

but dont worry, you know me and im deffinantly not wanting to get rid of cambo at all so dont think that im anti-cambo!

I just said 9000 because of what they said over the radio, must have been wrong :oops: