What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I just watched the first season after seeing you two discussing it in this thread. It's a good show. Although I was having real trouble at times telling the Palestinians and Israelis apart at first, not helped I think by some of the Israelis being Arab maybe? Anyway, I got my Palestinian friend to watch it and let me know and he said he couldn't tell half the time either. We both agree that the Palestinian they call the Jew looks like an Arab too.

Half the shows I watch on Netflix have subtitles these days.

I found that too. Most of the ones playing Palestinians are still (surprisingly) Israeli, even the actor that plays Walid. Shirin is Lebanese.

I haven’t got into the second season as much, feels more of the same just with a different bad guy (depending on which side you’re on) who isn’t nearly as interesting as Taufiq was.

Matua

Bench
I found that too. Most of the ones playing Palestinians are still (surprisingly) Israeli, even the actor that plays Walid. Shirin is Lebanese.

I haven’t got into the second season as much, feels more of the same just with a different bad guy (depending on which side you’re on) who isn’t nearly as interesting as Taufiq was.
I'm not actually minding S2, I think I'm the opposite of you with the "bad guys", as it unfolds I'm finding the Al Makdasi more interesting. I do think they've gone a bit overboard with Doron's increasing lack of caring about authority.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm not actually minding S2, I think I'm the opposite of you with the "bad guys", as it unfolds I'm finding the Al Makdasi more interesting. I do think they've gone a bit overboard with Doron's increasing lack of caring about authority.

I kept going with it and its gotten better as its gone on, with
ISIS entering the picture its shaken it up a bit

Agree Doran is becoming a bit cliche, yes we get it bad boy who wont follow the rules. The love story with Shirin is taking up too much time for my liking

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I kept going with it and its gotten better as its gone on,

Agree Doran is becoming a bit cliche, yes we get it bad boy who wont follow the rules. The love story with Shirin is taking up too much time for my liking
I wasn't a fan of the love story angle either to start with. I wont say anything that could be a spoiler, but it leads somewhere.

I've finished it now and eagerly await the next season. I think S1 was the strongest so far, but still enjoyed the rest as well.

I started on Hit and Run, only a few ep's in, it's not bad, but hasn't grabbed me like Fauda did. I think it will get better as it goes along though.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I kept going with it and its gotten better as its gone on, with ISIS entering the picture its shaken it up a bit

Sheesh spoilers!!!! I'm glad I just watched that episode last night. 🤣

From a totty point of view I like the addition of Moreno' sister.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Anyone watched Clickbait yet the new one with Adrian Grenier and have any thoughts on it?

Its on my list for when I run out of Animal Kingdom and Billions episodes

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anyone watched Clickbait yet the new one with Adrian Grenier and have any thoughts on it?

Finished it on the weekend. First two episodes started strongly, was very intriguing. Felt it got a bit lost in the middle, I for one worked out the 'big twist' reasonably early, theres another 'big twist' later on but I found it stupid.

Probably could have been done in 6 episodes instead of 8. 2.5 stars

Vic Mackey

Referee
I wasn't a fan of the love story angle either to start with. I wont say anything that could be a spoiler, but it leads somewhere.

So I just finished ep 10 of S2 and wow, I know exactly what you are referring too.

S2 is a much slower burn however it’s gotten better with each episode. The show really goes places others doesn’t, right when I thought it was becoming a bit cliche it hit me right in the face.

soc123_au

Staff member
So I just finished ep 10 of S2 and wow, I know exactly what you are referring too.

S2 is a much slower burn however it’s gotten better with each episode. The show really goes places others doesn’t, right when I thought it was becoming a bit cliche it hit me right in the face.
I think the way she was handled after they realised she hadn't done anything wrong was a bit lazy from the writers. Gabi could have been at least a little bit compassionate as to what she just went through. I picked what was going to happen as Doron was driving to the safe house, still found it very tense right up until the end though. Apart from the lazy writing I already mentioned the last couple of ep's were pretty damn good. Season 3 is tense as f**k in parts too.

Matua

Bench

I really liked S3 and the slight style change they made.

.It looked like it would be another hunt down the "guy" season but they flipped that on it's head killing the guy they were hunting for early.

I was kind of annoyed that they didn't end with the rescue, but they decided to go with a holy f**k ending instead.

Apparently there's going to be a S4 at some stage so I'm looking forward to that.

soc123_au

Staff member
I really liked S3 and the slight style change they made.

.It looked like it would be another hunt down the "guy" season but they flipped that on it's head killing the guy they were hunting for early.

I was kind of annoyed that they didn't end with the rescue, but they decided to go with a holy f**k ending instead.

Apparently there's going to be a S4 at some stage so I'm looking forward to that.
They do a great job making both sides relatable. Also in showing how "powerbrokers" pretty much force moderates into becoming radicles.

heights

Juniors
I have one for those guys that dont mind watching a subtitled show.

Its called the Arthdal Chronicles. Sort of the Korean version of Game of Thrones.

Its a long season, 18 1.5hr episodes, but I got hooked.

Give it at least 4 episodes.

mongoose

Coach

Sort of entertaining but a lot of it is quite cringy and poorly written with some terrible acting. Apparently it was filmed in Melbourne though...