What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

bileduct

Coach
Half way through Squidgame

They can drag out an episode but it’s so intense

Yeah that tug of war episode was crazy.

Gotta say the entire subplot with the police officer could have been cut from the show and it would have been an improvement.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Gotta say the entire subplot with the police officer could have been cut from the show and it would have been an improvement.

They could’ve deleted all his scenes and it wouldn’t have affected the plot at all

While the cop didn’t achieve much in Season 1
I don’t think he’s dead, they set it up nicely for season 2

bileduct

Coach
They could’ve deleted all his scenes and it wouldn’t have affected the plot at all

While the cop didn’t achieve much in Season 1
I don’t think he’s dead, they set it up nicely for season 2

I'm wondering if this show really needs a second season to be honest. I'm getting Westworld reboot vibes.

Vic Mackey

Referee
f**king oath it’s worth it…

I’ve watched 3 episodes, I’m enjoying the eerieness of it, it’s definetly been Wokeflix afided though. Yes we get it Whites/Christians =bad Muslims/gay = good

Also is it just me or is the Priest Mike Pattons doppelgänger?

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
I’ve watched 3 episodes, I’m enjoying the eerieness of it, it’s definetly been Wokeflix afided though. Yes we get it Whites/Christians =bad Muslims/gay = good

Also is it just me or is the Priest Mike Pattons doppelgänger?
Yep the eerie ness and the isolation of the place, have you notice that one of the actors is Henry Thomas the kid from ET (I don’t know what to say but it gets better every episode.)

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep the eerie ness and the isolation of the place, have you notice that one of the actors is Henry Thomas the kid from ET (I don’t know what to say but it gets better every episode.)
Hahaa nah no idea

They did reveal a lot in episode 3, so interested to see where they go from here

I like series when the episodes are an hour like here, the norm of 44 mins often feels too short

Matua

Bench
Really enjoying this but some f**ker decided to spoil a whole bunch of it when I first found out about it. Would have loved to watch that first episode without knowing how the game was going to end.
Yeah me too.

🤣

JK, you didn't spoil it as I avoided this thread as soon as I saw it mentioned. I really enjoyed the series aside from the finale.

.The whole not board the plane scene was just stupid. I also don't think there is a need for S2, but in saying that I'll probably watch it.

Seriously? In all honestly I think you've got to be looking for it if that bothers you.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seriously? In all honestly I think you've got to be looking for it if that bothers you.

never said it bothered me, its more just something to chuckle at now as its in basically every show

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Yeah me too.

🤣

JK, you didn't spoil it as I avoided this thread as soon as I saw it mentioned. I really enjoyed the series aside from the finale.

.The whole not board the plane scene was just stupid. I also don't think there is a need for S2, but in saying that I'll probably watch it.

Agree completely on Squid Games

PJ

First Grade
Started watching Oak Studios.

First ep I really enjoyed, the rest I watched were very short but rubbish. Only a couple left but not sure I'll bother

Dogs Of War

Coach
Started watching Oak Studios.

First ep I really enjoyed, the rest I watched were very short but rubbish. Only a couple left but not sure I'll bother

THey were just concept shorts. None are complete. It was supposed to be we choose the one we like the most and it crowdfunded to make it. But they never reached the goal.

Neil Blumkamp just needs to make a sequel to District 9 and he will have all the money he needs.

PJ

First Grade
THey were just concept shorts. None are complete. It was supposed to be we choose the one we like the most and it crowdfunded to make it. But they never reached the goal.

Neil Blumkamp just needs to make a sequel to District 9 and he will have all the money he needs.

I get that, but from the 7 I watched only the first was one I want to see more of.

The cooking one was absolutely rubbish, poor early high school humour at best as was the President one.

Vietnam one was next best for mine.

roofromoz

First Grade
Wife binged on Squid Game in one day. All I saw was the green light / red light game.

Lots and lots of crying and also cheering from her.

Matua

Bench
The Closer
Dave Chapelle’s Netflix special

I thought it was f**king hilarious even though cancel culture doesn’t like it
I haven't watched it yet, will try get to it on the weekend" - is it another in the "we can't say this stuff" and then they promptly "say this stuff" specials that are out at the moment?

FYI - I like all of them but find it hilarious the number that have followed this pattern in the last few years.

Also, with this special will Dave win back on side all the guys who cancelled him when he did his "pro" BLM stuff in the past 12 months that got them all in a tizzy?

Game_Breaker

Coach
I haven't watched it yet, will try get to it on the weekend" - is it another in the "we can't say this stuff" and then they promptly "say this stuff" specials that are out at the moment?

FYI - I like all of them but find it hilarious the number that have followed this pattern in the last few years.

A little bit but he goes deeper and call out the hypocrisy of SJW

Also, with this special will Dave win back on side all the guys who cancelled him when he did his "pro" BLM stuff in the past 12 months that got them all in a tizzy?

I think they’ll still hate him
If anything he’s made more enemies
He even had a subtle dig at apartheid Israel

Latest posts