What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats next for Sidhe...RL3?

simostorm

Bench
How about instead if Sidhe making another League game,
they focused on the next game being a league manager game?
Seeing so many ppl have talked about it in the past why dont they have a crack at it?

Pistol

Coach
The second one was a quantum leap above the first one.

A third game will be offer a lot more hopefully. They seemed to fix a lot of the kinks in the first one, but some were still there and a couple more.

I look forward to a third game, from whatever company produces it.

Razor

Coach
Agreed. I don't think EA want it, though.

And do you want EA to develop the game?

Have you seen the quality of games they produce that don't come from their US or Canadian studios?

They all suck.

Not sure how long Sidhes deal with the NRL goes for, but you could email the NRL and ask them when the rights expire to not give an exclusivity deal to any one company. Then other companies could create games using the official teams and players. Currently if another company makes a game they can't use any official teams or players because of the Sidhe exlusivity deal.

[furrycat]

Coach
The NRL don't have to disclose how long the rights are with HES.

Sidhe do not decide when the next game is made and cannot choose if they want to. They do not have the rights. HES do.

simostorm

Bench
Theres been so much talk about ppl wanting a league management game,
you would think Sidhe would make one and cash in on it.

Jono078

Referee
Id say if there was to be an RL3 they would make a career mode similar to FIFA 2005.. It's probably one of the highest demands in a league game.

Cant wait for another RL game though.

sixtynine

Juniors
I can't wait for the third to come out because I got the 2nd of ps2 and I wish I had of got it on computer instead.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, EA's games suck big time unless they are American sports, or soccer.

Cricket and Rugby being two great examples of this.

sunny

your average flawed ea sports game for cricket or union would be a quantom leap above anything sidhe could ever deam of producing.

What's next for Sidhe? If there's any justice in the world, insolvency.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
EA dont want it anyway...

the next RL has to be next gen...although i remember Mario saying they wouldnt be able to make a league game on ps3 and 360 for awhile..

Alan Shore

First Grade
Good point CR2k2. Things are complicated by the arrival of the PS3, Nintendo Revolution and Xbox 360.

Simo

First Grade
Hopefully there will be friggin RL2 on Xbox before RL3!!! (whats doing with that?)