What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on at the Jets Sports Club

Jeffles

Bench
This thread was inspired by 2TB.

Badge Draws: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Raffles: Wednesday, Friday
Bingo: Thursday
Derek (Singing covers from the past 40 years): Friday

Jeffles

Bench
All other times the club is open with usual club features: TAB, Keno, Bistro, Pokies, Big Screen, etc.

Punters Club on Saturday and cheaper schooners on Mondays.

All Saturday nights for the rest of the year have been taken up with functions. E.g. the Newtown JRLFC presentation tomorrow night.

Jeffles

Bench
newtownbluebags said:
ya forgot to mention booze at 1985 prices and huge servings from the bistro ;-)

:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately the past few times I have been there I drove. Can't drink while I'm on my P's.

Bistro food is good. The Chilli Prawn Gnocchi and the Curry Prawns are quite good. But the Chicken Schnitzel has to be seen to be believed. Absolutely huge serving with the best mash I've ever had.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I must say though that Irish pub up the road on the princess Hwy is a bizzare joint!!! lights down low and a few likely lads here and there all taliking in brouges! What is it the Harp or something? maybe i was there on a bad night?
Jeez last time I left the JSC though I near got killed crossin the Hwy whilst pissed, left me a wee bit shell shocked! :- ( I might moor my cruiser on the Cooks next visit.

Henson

Juniors
Yeah NBB,and go prawning for some lovely 3 headed prawns from the pristine river!!,but i must agree about the snitzel,my god i needed a lie down after that!
it's a great little club,staff are very friendly too
icon14.gif

Jeffles

Bench
Badge Draw is up to $2200. It goes off between 7pm and 8pm I think.

Derek is an old bloke that sings cover songs. A big hit with your parent's generation on a Friday night.

2 True Blues

Coach
So he sings Debbie REYNOLDS and Frank SINATRA covers then.....LOL......

But seriously...........

Will have to be there for that badge draw and one of those snitzels I reckon....Thanks mate.....

Henson

Juniors
Hey Jeffles,just a quick question,is the bistro open 7 days and nights,some places are closed mondays or tuesdays,thanks mate

Jeffles

Bench
Bistro is closed Mondays and public holidays. It is open for lunch and dinner on all the other days.

I am hoping to get the JSC part of the website a bit more updated. I am putting something together to be uploaded. These sorts of questions (whilst reasonable) should already be looked after on the website instead of the current page which is too broad.