What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with our attack?

T-Boon

Coach
Corey Norman is a bit below his best. Moses has been better than him since getting here. If Norman finds that 2016 form we might make a dent in the post season.
Should we get him back on the party drugs?

TheParraboy

Staff member
our completion rate is killing us, unforced errors, trying to score of each set
65% completion rate isn't good enough (tigers were 83%)
good thing is our defence is very good

I think BA will simplify things v Broncos this Thursday attack wise
We can beat them if we don't turn over possession easily like we did today, though will be tough Gutho might not play

lucablight

First Grade
I am not sure if anything is wrong with our attack, but what is wrong with paragraphs?

In all honesty, Arthur summed it up before the game in an interview. He said we have had a lot of injuries ( believe he said our injury issues were underrated) and we may have had 6 different spine combinations. However Moses is getting better and so is the team as a whole.

Hopefully we hit our peak in the finals.

If you think there is nothing wrong with our attack then you're a very easy marker. Only the Tigers, Knights and Bulldogs are worse and they are all terrible teams (two of them we beat by a solitary field goal). Like I said I'm glad we're doing enough to win but we should be doing a lot better with the talent we have at our disposal. Winning is great but it doesn't change the fact that our attack is a problem.

Basil Brush

Juniors
If you think there is nothing wrong with our attack then you're a very easy marker. Only the Tigers, Knights and Bulldogs are worse and they are all terrible teams (two of them we beat by a solitary field goal). Like I said I'm glad we're doing enough to win but we should be doing a lot better with the talent we have at our disposal. Winning is great but it doesn't change the fact that our attack is a problem.
Did you read my point about what Arthur said?

Basil Brush

Juniors
Yes I did. Are you saying the attack is as good as it could have been even if you take those circumstances into account?
To be honest, attack never worries me when I am watching Parra.

Defence is the key to winning footy so i concentrate on that. In the defence respect, we are doing fine.

Attack is all about individuals (key word) clicking and that is coming along fine as far as I am concerned.

eel01s

Bench
We were terribly slow to get into position in the opposition's twenty. Norman in particular is not organising his outside backs effectively. We only want to score a try on the last tackle.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Defence is the key to winning footy so i concentrate on that. In the defence respect, we are doing fine.

Attack is all about individuals (key word) clicking and that is coming along fine as far as I am concerned.

We are the 4th worst attacking team in the comp.

It is certainly a concern for our team. Comes down to mental lapses and/or structure.
For me it is just that we have a new spine, and Norman is still finding his feet on the season. Thought we were shocking against the Tigers yesterday with ball in hand, just frittered away possession and paragraphs. Hoping to see us find some form over the back end of the season.

I agree that we look poor when we're right at the end. We do not threaten inside the 20m and our conclusion paragraphs are poorly structured.

I put it down to our lack of punchy second rowers. Basically, they don't score tries, so our only options are our three quarters, which makes it easier to defend.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Yeah. Well said.

I was more concerned when our left side was missing more tackles than a Portuguese Chicken earlier in the season.

At times our halves lack composure but if we defend well and hold on to the ball our attack is good enough.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I heard that in the game day thread, some other merkin thought it's not correct FFS

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree that we look poor when we're right at the end. We do not threaten inside the 20m and our conclusion paragraphs are poorly structured.

I put it down to our lack of punchy second rowers. Basically, they don't score tries, so our only options are our three quarters, which makes it easier to defend.
We lack punchy second rowers but we also lack nuggety second rowers.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the reason that we're not effective inside the oppositions 20 is that we're not playing the ball quick enough. We don't really have too much problem making breaks and setting up tries from outside this area.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were terribly slow to get into position in the opposition's twenty. Norman in particular is not organising his outside backs effectively. We only want to score a try on the last tackle.
Or are we trying to score on every tackle?

Latest posts