What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your Interchange Strats going to be

CliffyGC

Juniors
Im glad we are seeing more threads like these rather than whinging about something we have no control over
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think go forward will be most important so i plan of having atleast 3 props on my bench
and playing them in teams of 2 props like lines in ice hockey.

starting props P1
BEnch props p2

So my plan would be
kick off - 15 min p1
16 min - 30 min p2
31min- half p1
41min - 55min p1
56min - 70min P2
71 min - fulltime p1

That way it only uses up 8 changes and u have 4 others incase of injury or if u have an impact player at dummy half or a gamebreaking second rower.

What do u blokes think.

Raider_69

Post Whore
MY BASE TACTICS FOR INTERCHANGES - may change depending on the game
==========================

my bench for the raiders will be

14. Hodgeson
15. Waymen
16. Cross
17. Drew

Cross and Drew will be brought on after about 20 minutes of play for martin and davico, then with 10 left in the half Waymen to be brought in for Wiki, hodgo will be used 5 minutes after the half time break for O'Hara, then 10 minutes later a treble interchange of Davico, martin and Wiki will be brought back on for Cross, Woolford and Hindmarsh

after this i will replace Drew with Woolford and with 10 minutes left if the game is won ill bring off Wiki and Davico, if not ill replace waymen with cross and drew for martin.... allowing 2 interchanges spare for injuries

Moffo

Referee
i think ill run with 3 forwards and one back as well

Use them up early and get the props off by the 20th

Go from there!

Cheers,
Moffo

Erhan

Juniors
Personally, I doubt it will matter all that much on what kind of bench you go in with since this game will be played ala World 7's style. More important things such as detecting little AI deficiencies and tricks to get around players etc will do you more good at winning the game than having 3 forwards on the bench instead of 2 !

TripleM

Juniors
80 mins vs the AI: pointless
80 mins vs a friend: priceless

Ah well something like that. :lol:

Goleel

Juniors
I doubt I'll play 80 minutes but I'd probably play 40 minute games, and I'll be using my forwardsto dominate the game, so interchange will hopefully be pretty important for me. I'm aiming to have a three forward bench for the Eels, with Dunley to come on the field to replace Morris or Dykes for the middle stages of the game, as well as giving Hopkins or possibly Hindmarsh a spell (since Hindmarsh will be the key to my attack) from the second row, to give Widders a go out there, while Solomona and Heckenberg will swap with Vella and Cayless, although I will try and keep one of my starting props on the field at any time, and never play Widders and Solomona together. It'd change for which side you use, though, teams without an impact player off the bench would be totally different.