What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheelchair RLWC, best off video.

Angry_eel

First Grade
aye i noticed that..does it matter though? i'd love a go at it
Personally it doesn't matter to me. But on the other hand it would remove the fear of falling since the guy that can use his legs knows he can get himself up while the others can't.

roughyedspud

Coach
hey if you can't take the knocks don't play....:lol:

that french no2 looks like a girl...she got clattered when she scored from the halfway line,she look like she struggled to get up.

You don't have to NEED a wheelchair to play. I reckon those that do would have an advantage though because they'd be more skilled. Have a look at how good they are at maneuvering. That'd take some practice.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
It also depends on what is wrong with you.

If you have no feeling in half your body, you'll go harder because you will not have any fear of pain and damage to your lower limbs, if you are an amputee, steel on bone with no muscle hurts like nothing I can put words too.

An amputee gets bad cramps from the slightest movement at times, it's not often, but when it happens there is nothing you can do untill it goes away, I have nearly fainted by the pain a cramp can bring on.

Another thing to consider is the hands, being in a chair you def need your hands working properly and they are always getting skin taken off just by getting around the house, having other chairs run into your hands and fingers wouldn't feel too good.

They certainly have balls though to play any of these wheelchair sports be it RL-RU-Basketball and any others out there.

East Coast Tiger said:
You don't have to NEED a wheelchair to play. I reckon those that do would have an advantage though because they'd be more skilled. Have a look at how good they are at maneuvering. That'd take some practice.

I agree 100 per cent, you can get the strongest guy you know and put him in a chair and he'll be buggered in 50 metres because he doesn't know what he's doing.

Last edited:
good stuff that.
i have a couple of dvds of wheelchair rugby when vichy xlll came over to england and played halifax in 2005.
i know that at least some teams have able bodied people playing for them but after all the aim is to be all inclusive.

Latest posts