What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gronk

Staff member
When do we say enough is enough? Is it when it reaches 0-10 or do we wait until the end of the season when we miss the 8? Is the spoon unacceptable and we sack him or is just missing the 8 the threshold?

Trent Robinson had a similar terrible season with the Roosters even though he had greater credibility by winning a premiership. Brian Smth had similar miserable seasons in 2003/04 and made some great recruitment decisions for season 2005. I just don't think BA can attract develop players like Brian Smith was able to in 2005 when he landed Riddell, Tahu, Eric Grothe Jr, PJ Marsh, Paul Stringer Chad Robinson and unearthing players like Tim Smith and Moimoi.

This side regardless of the coach needs a massive clean up for 2019.

FFS yeah you don’t like the coach. We get it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Didn't BA see out his original deal?

I think so, yes. But it's not really relevant if you then sack him, because he's still yet another coach sacked since 2006 or 2010 or whenever you take the marker. That's all any prospective coach will see and it's all the media will push.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The lack of re-signings speak volumes. I'm sure we're looking at bringing in some new talent. But first we need to find a replacement for Norman.

Gronk

Staff member
I think he is clueless. He relied on Semi and received a great draw in 2017. If we lose another 3 in a row I’d sack him. No other sport in the world would cop 0-5. I’m being nice.

Yeah I know. You have made your thoughts quite clear for 2 years.

T-Boon

Coach
One thing about Arthur is he is a completions coach. He is totally obsessed with the concept that if you get to the kick and build pressure better than your opponent you win games. He isn't interested in getting funky with the ball early in the set or inside your own territory. Big problem arises now that teams defend better on their try line than ever before. So if you dont have any attacking flair you are stuffed. We have no attacking flair.

Bazal

Post Whore
One thing about Arthur is he is a completions coach. He is totally obsessed with the concept that if you get to the kick and build pressure better than your opponent you win games. He isn't interested in getting funky with the ball early in the set or inside your own territory. Big problem arises now that teams defend better on their try line than ever before. So if you dont have any attacking flair you are stuffed. We have no attacking flair.

You have to earn the right to attack with flair. This is the basis of rugby league.

I love BA, reckon he is a top fella and would love to see him win a comp with us.

But I just can’t see him getting us out of this, we look so poor and off pace.

What do we do??? He needs help at least, another assistant coach, a head of football?? Something needs to be done because what we are doing atm just isn’t good enough.

As frustrated as I am I don’t think bringing anyone else will help. You either stick with him or sack him.

I don’t want to see him sacked but in the end he’s responsible for the results, recruitment and any failures like recruitment.

I’d stick with him for now l, only because he endured previous shit management and carried us through a bad period. We owe it to him tbh.

84 Baby

Referee
I think so, yes. But it's not really relevant if you then sack him, because he's still yet another coach sacked since 2006 or 2010 or whenever you take the marker. That's all any prospective coach will see and it's all the media will push.
TBH I reckon if BA got sacked after x number of losses to start season, as long as it’s a ‘reasonable’ number (I’m thinking double digits) than prospective coaches are probably smart, and desperate, enough to realise that as a benchmark rather than a problem

Gronk

Staff member
What would you do Gronk?

We weren’t hopeless today. We played tough and duked it out against a bigger pack.

The halves couldn’t get their mojo against a rushing defence. Have not seen line speed by any team like that this year.

We lacked class in the backs. A player who could get half a break FFS would be nice. Only MJennings is worthy of an NRL start. Lets face it Avuuua Gennings Smith are fill ins at best.

We’ll jag a win soon, get some players back. Maybe sign a forward.

Sacking BA is f**king ridiculous after what he did for us in 2016. Got us to top 4 in 2017.

Bazal

Post Whore
TBH I reckon if BA got sacked after x number of losses to start season, as long as it’s a ‘reasonable’ number (I’m thinking double digits) than prospective coaches are probably smart, and desperate, enough to realise that as a benchmark rather than a problem

Probably yes. And if we got to 0/12 then we could discuss that. But I seriously don't see us going that badly.

Firstly, BA will kill a merkin if we do. And secondly we could have nabbed our last two games with a bit more luck, or whatever you want to call it.

hindy111

Post Whore
We weren’t hopeless today. We played tough and duked it out against a bigger pack.

The halves couldn’t get their mojo against a rushing defence. Have not seen line speed by any team like that this year.

We lacked class in the backs. A player who could get half a break FFS would be nice. Only MJennings is worthy of an NRL start. Lets face it Avuuua Gennings Smith are fill ins at best.

We’ll jag a win soon, get some players back. Maybe sign a forward.

Sacking BA is f**king ridiculous after what he did for us in 2016. Got us to top 4 in 2017.

He has played his role in helping our club just as Ricky did when he signed Norman and Peats and got rid of dead wood.
I like BA , he seems a great guy. I do think he didnt respect what a big prop does enough. Lets see where we are at come rnd 10. If we can jag 3 or 4 win we might be able to go on a run.

Agent0

Juniors
Yawn. More dribble from the arm chair expert. You are one boring individual. And you are the epitome of the issues with social media giving people with no idea opportunities to carry on with stupid agendas. Here are some questions for you . . .
1. Has he improved us every year? Yes.
2. Did he stick by our poortly run club when we were finals bound and stripped all our points? Yes.
3. Did he lead us to our first top 4 finish in donkeys years? Yes

Poor start aside he has the runs on the board to see out his contract. And Baz is 100% spot on also.

Avenger

Immortal
As frustrated as I am I don’t think bringing anyone else will help. You either stick with him or sack him.

I don’t want to see him sacked but in the end he’s responsible for the results, recruitment and any failures like recruitment.

I’d stick with him for now l, only because he endured previous shit management and carried us through a bad period. We owe it to him tbh.
We owe him nothing. We gave him an extension to his contract. We are now even. If we sack him, he’s paid out.

El Diablo

Post Whore
we need that prick Bellamy

but we won't sign a coach of his caliber whilst we have tight arse Max and Bernie running the show

84 Baby

Referee
Probably yes. And if we got to 0/12 then we could discuss that. But I seriously don't see us going that badly.

Firstly, BA will kill a merkin if we do. And secondly we could have nabbed our last two games with a bit more luck, or whatever you want to call it.
Agreed fives losses like we’ve had (different if they were all Moanly type losses) aren’t enough leeway for any potential coaching replacements. Except the desperate ones