What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When the horse is dead, dismount.

Blair

Coach
Why are we bothering selecting Blake Green?

We aren't a chance.

He isn't in the side in 2021

And he's playing shit.

What's the worst that can happen if we don't select him?

Don't underestimate the coach trying to protect his record.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don't underestimate the coach trying to protect his record.

100% and he's entitled to, especially while he's still vying for a job. Green is in our best 13. I don't think he's going as badly as some might like to suggest either. CHT was pretty average last week too, let's not forget.

Meth

Staff member
100% and he's entitled to, especially while he's still vying for a job. Green is in our best 13. I don't think he's going as badly as some might like to suggest either. CHT was pretty average last week too, let's not forget.

I'd buy that if Green was playing averagely in a winning side. But he isn't...he isn't playing averagely (IMO), he isn't a part of our future, and he isn't protecting the coaches record.

Diesel

Referee
If Todd is protecting his win percentage to help win a permanent coaching role I don’t blame him but I hope he’s been told his application doesn’t rely on results. What we have out there is Cameron George and SK’s handywork. One guy has been shown the door, another one needs to follow him

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd buy that if Green was playing averagely in a winning side. But he isn't...he isn't playing averagely (IMO), he isn't a part of our future, and he isn't protecting the coaches record.

I'd probably argue that, we mightn't have beaten the Broncos without him. Our best side has him in it, so I don't blame Payten one bit. Even if yeah I might prefer CHT for future value.

If Todd is protecting his win percentage to help win a permanent coaching role I don’t blame him but I hope he’s been told his application doesn’t rely on results. What we have out there is Cameron George and SK’s handywork. One guy has been shown the door, another one needs to follow him

Would you believe Cameron George or Mark Robinson if they told you wins didn't mean anything? f**k me, I wouldn't. I'm not in camp but I'd say Robinson in particular has started to promote a culture of fear. Beale and Green walked the plank publicly, apparently Blair now too, dumped Kearney then kicked him up the arse on the way out the door with the personality quote...if I was Payten I'd be scrambling for every point on the field I could get.

Meth

Staff member
Green was a matchwinner v the Broncos.

I'm not all that happy with persisting with him on that basis

Meth

Staff member
We lost to the Titans last week

Sharks just beat us 46-10

The Storm beat us by 44 not long ago

The horse is dead. Dismount

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I dunno. We need a fresh outlook. Start again. Bulldoze Mt Smart. Build a small suburban ground somewhere interesting and play big games at Eden Park.

My big idea for turning the club around, however, is to play the long game. Set a rebuilding timeframe of 20 years, not 1 or 2. Direct attention and resources to the scool and club competitions. Build those up. Etc etc.

Yeah cool big ideas, but that's how you gotta think. Look at China. Softly softly catchy monkey.

Tongue

Juniors
You’ve got 4 players leaving next week and maybe 4 players Who were told don’t come back next year, by an owner who should seldom be seen, let alone heard. Plus they fired a coach mid way through the season.
What have they got to play for and what is the motivation? How encouraging must it be to hear the owner tell the bloke next to you you’re not welcome. It just doesn’t affect the individual affected, the moral of the whole team is affected. it’s just stupid behaviour from an owner that seems to want to hear his own voice in the media.

With all that Being said, a new team has to be built. Around a small nucleus of players.

Harris
Paasi
Nikorima
Herbert
Tuivasa-Sheck
Katoa
Tevaga
Maumalo
Taunoa Brown

Why are we bothering selecting Blake Green?

We aren't a chance.

He isn't in the side in 2021

And he's playing shit.

What's the worst that can happen if we don't select him?

Not much future planning going on.

Thought Green was leaving mid season?

Penrose_11

Juniors
R
Rumour is Blake Green to broncos next week.
I’d take a direct swap for Brodie Croft. Unsure about $$ value of each but Croft has a lot more upside than Green does. Croft currently behind a weak as piss pack and carrying a spine including Milford and Luke. Croft is quick and has a good kicking game. At least our pack seems to be trying but we’re so lacking in creativity it’s strangling us

Meth

Staff member
While we are at it, time to take the captaincy off RTS.

With everything going on, it probably shouldn’t be now. But seriously, he isn’t the guy. He is a great player and by all accounts, an exceptional person- but he isn’t the leader that we need...and we need leadership more than ever.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We're pretty f**ked tbh and without NRL intervention we're going to be f**ked for a long time.

This thread title should be describing the club, not just one player.

That's my prognosis, be thankful I'm not a real doctor.

My bedside manner sucks.

Meth

Staff member
This thread title should be describing the club, not just one player.

That's my prognosis, be thankful I'm not a real doctor.

My bedside manner sucks.

haha yeah it sums up how I feel about a few things at the club and the club and NRL in general

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
R

I’d take a direct swap for Brodie Croft. Unsure about $$ value of each but Croft has a lot more upside than Green does. Croft currently behind a weak as piss pack and carrying a spine including Milford and Luke. Croft is quick and has a good kicking game. At least our pack seems to be trying but we’re so lacking in creativity it’s strangling us

Risky but worth a punt

Think it was the Matty Johns show last night where he made the point that Croft is pretty much cooked, if the Storm can’t get you going and are happy to offload you, that’s probably a sign that your career isn’t headed where it should be, and it is one of the decisions that will cook Seibolds goose going out and chasing him as the big signing over the young star they have coming through

Latest posts