What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Was The Last Time We Saw This?

rabbitohs95

Bench
There's still a bit of the merry-go-round to go, but if the reports are right, we could see a total of 13 teams with new halves pairings going into 2018.

Now I know these aren't set in stone and some of the pairings have chopped and changed but based on the best matchups it seems like that a majority of the pairings will be different.

The only sides that seem to be with the same halves pairings are the Raiders, Eels and Rabbitohs. While some like the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys had the same halves pairing at times during the year, I would say they were disrupted for a good majority.

Obviously there's still a few signings to be confirmed like Maloney to the Panthers, and who knows what's going on with Mitchell Pearce and Blake Green, but for 13/16 clubs to possibly have different halves pairings is pretty insane.

Changed Pairings

Broncos 2017: Anthony Milford, Ben Hunt
Broncos 2018: Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima

Bulldogs 2017: Josh Reynolds, Moses Mbye
Bulldogs 2018: Moses Mbye, Kieran Foran

Sharks 2017: James Maloney, Chad Townsend
Sharks 2018: Matt Moylan, Chad Townsend

Titans 2017: Tyrone Roberts, Ash Taylor
Titans 2018: Kane Elgey, Ash Taylor

Sea Eagles 2017: Blake Green, Daley Cherry-Evans
Sea Eagles 2018: Mitchell Pearce*, Daly Cherry-Evans

Storm 2017: Cameron Munster, Cooper Cronk
Storm 2018: Cameron Munster, Brodie Croft

Knights 2017: Brock Lamb, Trent Hodkinson
Knights 2018: Connor Watson, Brock Lamb

Warriors 2017: Kieran Foran, Shaun Johnson
Warriors 2018: Blake Green*, Shaun Johnson

Cowboys 2017: Te Maire Martin, Michael Morgan
Cowboys 2018: Michael Morgan, Johnathan Thurston

Panthers 2017: Matt Moylan, Nathan Cleary
Panthers 2018: James Maloney*, Nathan Cleary

Dragons 2017: Gareth Widdop, Josh McCrone
Dragons 2018: Gareth Widdop, Ben Hunt

Roosters 2017: Luke Keary, Mitchell Pearce
Roosters 2018: Luke Keary, Cooper Cronk

Tigers 2017: Tui Lolohea, Luke Brooks
Tigers 2018: Josh Reynolds, Luke Brooks

Same Pairings

Raiders: Blake Austin, Aiden Sezer

Eels: Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman

Rabbitohs: Cody Walker, Adam Reynolds

Life's Good

Coach
For me it just emphasises the importance of a) having quality individuals in the halves & b) getting the 6/7 combination right eg one runs, one organises, great if they can do both.
One thing as a Dragons fan, it’s the first time in ages since we have had a genuine 7 so it’s good not to miss out for a change.

Just Visiting

Juniors
I see your point but the Cows shouldn't be in there, they started 2017 with JT & Morgs same as 2018, JT could well get injured again the same as last year.