What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will Hindmarsh be subbed during a game?

He's a legend but he's getting on. His hit ups are not as they used to and you can see that he's just not fit enough to play 80 anymore. I don't know why coaches are scared of subbing him off, his age and fitness is making him really ineffective at times. I'm not bagging the bloke but it's hard to see him so slow. Next year If he plays the 80 we will be carrying him, which is really hard to admit.

Gronk

Staff member
He's a legend but he's getting on. His hit ups are not as they used to and you can see that he's just not fit enough to play 80 anymore. I don't know why coaches are scared of subbing him off, his age and fitness is making him really ineffective at times. I'm not bagging the bloke but it's hard to see him so slow. Next year If he plays the 80 we will be carrying him, which is really hard to admit.

Um yes you are. Top tackler in the NRL and made more meters in 2011 than most forwards in the game. Certainly most backrowers.

Go find another player to bag because we lost.

tresurehunt

Juniors
Um yes you are. Top tackler in the NRL and made more meters in 2011 than most forwards in the game. Certainly most backrowers.

i agree he has slowed in his running and its not real effective but i reckon he still needs to be there as our captain,making 50+ tackles ,covering up missed tackles ect . i think 2012 might be his last.

Blah blah blah top tackler bullshit wont wear with me.Nope I'm not bagging him I'm just saying he's old and ineffective to play the whole 80. And the time has come for him to be subbed off during a game. I think my argument is pretty legit. Sure he's goo at tackling but we need more in attack and we can't keep carrying him For the FULL 80.

Yeah can't belIeve we didn't piss him off years ago. I'm sick of the team carrying him.

That's a bit harsh towards Nathan!!! Who said anything about pissing him off? All I said is that we can't carry him for the full 80 ANYMORE and he needs to be subbed off during the game, so younger legs can provide a bit more of a running game.

Is it a pride thing with our supproters that we can't see the great Nathan Hindmarsh sitting on the bench during the game??

Some people are real inbreds when it comes to reading.

hybrideel

Bench
i kind of agree Jake. I think giving him a 10 minute break at some stage would do both him and the team the world of good. Just a bit of a freshening up for the rest of the game

strider

Post Whore
That's a bit harsh towards Nathan!!! Who said anything about pissing him off? All I said is that we can't carry him for the full 80 ANYMORE and he needs to be subbed off during the game, so younger legs can provide a bit more of a running game.

Is it a pride thing with our supproters that we can't see the great Nathan Hindmarsh sitting on the bench during the game??

Some people are real inbreds when it comes to reading.
maybe maroubra meant, piss him off to the bench ... perhaps you need to read it better??

ParraSteve

Juniors
I thought ME was taking the piss.

Hindy is showing his age but I'd still like him out there for the full 80

SDM

First Grade
When I saw the replay of the arm grab on Sandow I thought he might retire at half time. He should be banned from touching the ball.

SDM

First Grade
Calling Hindy a deadshit is a bit much, he still goes alright, like a poor man's Alan Tongue

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Gotta go with Jake on this one, Hindy has been ineffective in attack for quite some time now.

Give him a spell in between, hes still semi fit, but his sprint is a brisk jog these days.

Give Ohanlon more game time.

It seems that every time Hindy gets tackled with the ball, he gets wrapped up, take down to the ground slowly and takes an age to get up and play the ball.

Check it out next time he gets tackled. Always on his back.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I seem to remember a game earlier this season when Hindy was taken off and the Eels went to water in his absence.

At this stage, the Eels don't have anyone on the bench I'd rather have on the paddock than Hindy - exhausted or not.

Hindy shows that it's not just about skill - it's about heart and commitment. If more Eels followed his lead, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Joely01

Bench
i think next year we may see him play less minutes.

we will have a very handy 2nd row selection next year , provided no injuries to outside backs again.

hindy
smith
horo
lasalo
maitua

out od these 5 i think we will be seeing the following
11. hindy
12. smith
13. maitua

15. Horo

Wenty
Lasalo

Last edited:

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Hindy looks mentally & physically tired. Can't recall him missing a tackle like that on Sandow even though Lasalo didn't help. He's playing the 3rd front-row role so he should be rotated through the game.

SDM - You bag Hindy but defend Burt. The guy is the heart of the side & ALWAYS has a go unlike Burt who plays 1 good game a year when the going is good. He's scared to play physically. Anyone can see that.

SDM

First Grade
Hindy looks mentally & physically tired. Can't recall him missing a tackle like that on Sandow even though Lasalo didn't help. He's playing the 3rd front-row role so he should be rotated through the game.

SDM - You bag Hindy but defend Burt. The guy is the heart of the side & ALWAYS has a go unlike Burt who plays 1 good game a year when the going is good. He's scared to play physically. Anyone can see that.

What can I say? I prefer flashy blokes who look good when we are winning:cool:

Latest posts