What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will people learn

My stuff from Balmain came in today's mail - and coincidentally I ran in to Mr Trodden whilst I was at Balmain Woolies this morning. If it's eraly March I am definitely not here as Singapore, Phuket and KL are locked in Eddie. I will give a list of questions for tottie to ask on my behalf and will ensure Chopsy has joined up so the likes of Ronald and Noyce can cop the serve they are so deserving of

adamkungl

Immortal
On the basis of having three leagues clubs pumping money in compared to most others' one, I can't understand how WT could be worse off than any other club, unless by incredibly poor management.

bling_fc

Juniors
adamkungl said:
On the basis of having three leagues clubs pumping money in compared to most others' one, I can't understand how WT could be worse off than any other club, unless by incredibly poor management.

What 3

innsaneink

Referee
Two actually, I dont think Wests Cambo put anything to WTs, and of the other two neither can put in more than the other

innsaneink

Referee
They got the sh*ts when balmain were getting all their players

I dunno really, footy club politics have never really grabbed me, and since the de-facto marriage with the yuppy chardy swillin missus, well its even harder to follow.

alien

Referee
Wests and Balmain have to put in the same amount. It is part of the agreement for the joint-venture. Wests Ashfield pays for the Wests half. Wests Campbelltown puts money in for the juniors.

gr8_1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Two actually, I dont think Wests Cambo put anything to WTs, and of the other two neither can put in more than the other

They don't put anything into the Magpies now. I think they still put into the Wests Tigers though + they fund the whole junior league. Ashfield puts in the lot for the Magpies (keeps them afloat) and most of the Wests Group contribution to the Wests Tigers. Biggest mistake Ashfield made was handing back the running of Campbelltown after bailing them out of trouble all those years ago.

chunk

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Ashfield is one of the most profitable clubs in NSW I thought. They have consistently put in overs at the Magpies to keep them afloat.

Well why did they have to merge?

gr8_1

Juniors
chunk said:
Well why did they have to merge?

Consistent wooden spooners, player strength, crowds, lack of sponsorship etc. Failed that checklist the NRL put in place after Super League.

I should of stated that Ashfield have been putting in overs to keep the Magpies afloat as a premier league team since the merger. Not sure what they had been contributing before. yappy might want to add more.

innsaneink

Referee
For years and years Wests Leagues Ashfield looked after themselves and left the footy club to do likewise, throwing in minimal amounts
Before it was rebuilt it was just another leagues club.

chunk

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Consistent wooden spooners, player strength, crowds, lack of sponsorship etc. Failed that checklist the NRL put in place after Super League.

I should of stated that Ashfield have been putting in overs to keep the Magpies afloat as a premier league team since the merger. Not sure what they had been contributing before. yappy might want to add more.

I find that very hard to believe. Are you saying that Ashfield didn't want a strong Football Club..that seems ludicrous.

If your Leagues Club buys you quality footballers, there is no spoon and large crowds and in turn strong sponsorship.

It all starts with the Leagues Club looking after the Footy Club.

Thats why I beleive West Tigers do a pretty good job considering the limited resources from the repective Leagues Clubs.

bling_fc

Juniors
chunk said:
I find that very hard to believe. Are you saying that Ashfield didn't want a strong Football Club..that seems ludicrous.

If your Leagues Club buys you quality footballers, there is no spoon and large crowds and in turn strong sponsorship.

Thats why I beleive West Tigers do a pretty good job considering the limited resources from the repective Leagues Clubs.

The team has done jack in 2 years since a granny win

gr8_1

Juniors
chunk said:

What don't you believe ? Ashfield have always supported the Football club to some extent. They even put money into the Campbelltown Leagues to get it back up an running in order for it to support the Football club. I don't understand what your getting at mate ?

bling_fc

Juniors
chunk said:
To of the biggest gripes fans have with our club is playing roster and home grounds.

The reason is money

I can't believe people don't understand this now. Is why we merged for goodness sake.

Our Leagues clubs don't make the sort of cash like Parramatta, St George, Canterbury, Panthers etc.

I don't like our home ground structure but we HAVE to do it. Its one or our main revenue streams

We could move to Telstra full time, like Canterbury or Souths...no thanks

If you understand the financial troubles Balmain Leagues Club had had over the years you wouldn't keep whinging about our about our home grounds and playing roster.

I have not heard one answer to how to inject more cash into the club just negative tripe.

I hope all the people who are having a go at the Mighty Tigers are at least members of their respective Clubs.

No one needs to be a member u fool

A majority vote with there feet

Keep watching the Simpsons u clown u have no idea