What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

when will TRENT ROBINSON get the recognition that he deserves

Valheru

Coach
He's clearly a good man manager and the roosters defense is ridiculous. But its a hard to rate him with the best when both premierships have come off the back of trucking in millions worth of prodigious talent. Most coaches would look like gold if they could ask their CEO for a half and fullback and had cronk and tedesco delivered. Even Sticky won a comp with those resources.

It is true he has had a fair side to work with albeit he did take over a squad in 2013 that finished bottom 4 the previous season.

Having said that it is irrefutable he has got the absolute most out of his squad the vast majority of the time which is all anyone can ask for. Bellamy has had 3 (at times 4) of the best players ever in his squad yet he still gets deserved recognition for being perennial contenders.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd have probably the same success with the roster he's had. Put him in charge of the Titans and see how he goes.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He is a great coach and a good example of why Dally M should be after the Grand Final

What he did in the Grand Final was a coaching master class. I still can’t believe he had the balls to put a player with one arm out there
That's the myth that coopercronk wants: that his arm was bluetacked on after 680 hours of rehab and he had to make 67 tackles whereas the reality is he had a small break that pretty much every other player in the comp would have played with.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You mean the roster that didn't have a forward pack good enough to win the comp this year?
any savant of things football will know what I meant. The only ones blowing sunshine up the guys ass are the media ( they need a headline ) and the Roosters supporters ( rightly so ) A one eyed hermaphrodite.with a cleft palate and club foot could take that roster to a premiership.

Valheru

Coach
any savant of things football will know what I meant. The only ones blowing sunshine up the guys ass are the media ( they need a headline ) and the Roosters supporters ( rightly so ) A one eyed hermaphrodite.with a cleft palate and club foot could take that roster to a premiership.

So such is the talent of our squad we may as well just hire some battler from the street and save the club the cash?

Trent Robinson has a career record of success.

He was defensive coach for the Roosters in the year (2010) that they made and lost the Grand Final.

Then he went to France and lifted Catalans from SL bottom (under former coach Kevin Walters) to top 4.

Then he came back to the Roosters as head coach and in his first year he won the Grand Final.

He got the Roosters four minor premierships 2013-2018.

Then he went and won a Grand Final with 12 players and a crippled on field coach.

Trent Robinson is a genius coach who deserves recognition as such.

Meanwhile the haters will continue to hate.

Fire

First Grade
Trent Robinson will continue to be a no one until he does the hokey pokey with a 50 year old cougar.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Trent Robinson has a career record of success.

He was defensive coach for the Roosters in the year (2010) that they made and lost the Grand Final.

Then he went to France and lifted Catalans from SL bottom (under former coach Kevin Walters) to top 4.

Then he came back to the Roosters as head coach and in his first year he won the Grand Final.

He got the Roosters four minor premierships 2013-2018.

Then he went and won a Grand Final with 12 players and a crippled on field coach.

Trent Robinson is a genius coach who deserves recognition as such.

Meanwhile the haters will continue to hate.
But how many Texas did he get?

Fire

First Grade
At 42 years of age:

Wayne Bennett = 2 Premierships
Trent Robinson = 2 Premierships
The Great Ricky Stuart = 1 Premiership
Jack Gibson = 0 Premierships
Craig Bellamy = 0 Premierships
Paul McGregor = Lol f**k off Paul

When is Robinson next off contract? Politis will likely re-sign him, however, that will be the litmus test for his recognition, i.e., how in demand will the young two-time Premiership coach be? He can easily hit the market now and name his price.

At 42 years of age:

Wayne Bennett = 2 Premierships
Trent Robinson = 2 Premierships
The Great Ricky Stuart = 1 Premiership
Jack Gibson = 0 Premierships
Craig Bellamy = 0 Premierships
Paul McGregor = Lol f**k off Paul

When is Robinson next off contract? Politis will likely re-sign him, however, that will be the litmus test for his recognition, i.e., how in demand will the young two-time Premiership coach be? He can easily hit the market now and name his price.

Trent Robinson recently re-signed for the Sydney Roosters on a five year deal that will keep him at Bondi Junction until the end of 2023. The Roosters'Club Chairman Nick Politis has indicated that he considers Trent Robinson the Sir Alex Ferguson of the NRL.

JJ

Immortal
Dunno, but I thought Robinson was getting plenty of credit - I mean he's no Stephen Kearney or Paul McGregor, but he goes ok

Silent Knight

First Grade
Trent Robinson recently re-signed for the Sydney Roosters on a five year deal that will keep him at Bondi Junction until the end of 2023. The Roosters'Club Chairman Nick Politis has indicated that he considers Trent Robinson the Sir Alex Ferguson of the NRL.

Nick Politis is the Roosters Club Chairman? Well you learn something new every day thanks Albert.

TheDalek079

Bench
are you suggesting that other clubs will investigate/research how Robbo achieves his coaching success so that they can try to implement his style at their club? Considering that former Roosters assistant coach Paul Green won a premiership with Cowboys recently I think that Robbo's philosophies are transferable to other clubs. I think the Tigers would have been contenders by now if they had given Jason Taylor more time

Latest posts