What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are the signings??

zuke

Juniors
Call me impatient but surely with 12 players told that they're not in Ricky's plans, for next year and beyond, there has to be some sort of signing in the pipeline. Surely? I keep reading this player is going here and there but no-one to Parra. Panthers and dragons seem to be signing quality players. Come on Parra powers that be. Give us fans some sort of hope that we will not finish with the wooden spoon for 2014 and 15.

Tooooks

Bench
I'm not expecting any 'exciting' signings to be honest. Maybe some fringe first graders/up-and-comers.

Bigfella

Coach
The signings happening is what will make this a clean out, and not simply a self serving fingerpointing exercise.

Call me impatient but surely with 12 players told that they're not in Ricky's plans, for next year and beyond, there has to be some sort of signing in the pipeline. Surely? I keep reading this player is going here and there but no-one to Parra. Panthers and dragons seem to be signing quality players. Come on Parra powers that be. Give us fans some sort of hope that we will not finish with the wooden spoon for 2014 and 15.

It's not that hard to do the maths. There are 12 players who *may* be shown the door. Four have contracts for 2014, and cannot be forced to leave, despite what some keyboard heroes think. So now we're down to 8. We've signed 4 new top grade players for next year (Hock, Mossop, Norman, Hoppa Jnr). We've signed a number of our younger players, many of whom were not on top grade money, to longer term deals (Tanginoa, Terepo, J Paulo, Pauli Pauli, Alvaro etc). When you consider that, of the players the we may be showing the door, a fair few are playing for Wenty.......I don't see it as surprising that we haven't signed too many more players. If those with a 2014 contract stick it out, surely we can only sign one or two more senior players (max).

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hock, Mossop, Hopoate, and Norman wouldn't have come cheap either. I wouldn't want to guess how much each are on, but Hopoate is reportedly on $850K.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have made our signings.Im happy we can put a good squad together.I am sure a hooker or two will be signed as will a winger or two.

I have a feeling Ricky will hold onto MK-Just a hunch ;)

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We have made our signings.Im happy we can put a good squad together.I am sure a hooker or two will be signed as will a winger or two.

I have a feeling Ricky will hold onto MK-Just a hunch ;)

If we sign a hooker or two, I can't see why we would want to hold onto MK. I hope his contract is up.

Pazza

First Grade
Hopefully we can sign a young guy from another club who is ready to explode onto the scene! Much like the Cowgirls with T Sims or the Goosters with JWH!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
But surely we would be well under the cap considering we already had contingency for Hopoate and the salary cap increase. I was expecting at least three more signings of NRL standard.

i thought we would have had plenty in the bank to spend aswell.

Can't see why we would. I know we've got a crap squad, but that crap squad was managing to take up the whole cap in 2011 and 2012. And once you start heavily back-ending deals it becomes self-perpetuating....when you try to sign a new player you've got to back end their contract, because you are just starting to eat the $$$ from earlier back-ended deals.

Latest posts