What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where can i buy old St George Dragon merchandise

TheLegendKiller

Juniors
ive been looking around for the old Dragons jersey from 1983-84 with the NSW Rugby Footy League symbol badge on it and the Dragons flag where the Dragons mascot is running out of the St George emblem just wondering if anybody or any Dragons fan would know where i could find these items to buy???

The Major

Bench
Hey champ. I was on the same boat as you regarding the jersey. The old Penfolds jersey with the numbers on the arms also with the Westmacott boomerang on the front. Being a Foxtel tekky, i was in the guys garage where had his tele set up. All this old sporting garb was hanging on coathangers around the joint. In the corner i noticed the old Penfolds guernsey. I says, "Buddy, nice jersey! Wanna sell it?" Without a seconds delay, he was all for it asking me, how much i wanted to buy it for. I threw out 50 bucks as a starter. SOLD! YOU BEWDY!" Pristine nick too.
But before you ask, no i wont sell it. Just thought i'd share my good luck story with you. Keep an eye on Ebay i would guess as your best shot. Good luck with it all mate.

The Major

Bench
I know of a few people who arent so sentimentally attached to some of their old dragons gear. I will put the word out for you. Not sure what your budget is, but i will say its for a mate and see where that gets me.

murraymob

Coach
another place you can often find old jerseys are places like the salvos .You would be suprised by what ends up there in pretty good condition

Another thing to do is write to Classic Sportswear. They make the "Retro" range of jerseys, and if enough people here on this forum pressure them they may make a range that fits in with the 80's-90's jersey (Penfolds, NSWRL logo, etc).

The Preacher

First Grade
I'm sure Peter Wynns has a Saints jersey with the NSW badge and the penfolds sponsorship. It's a Classic brand and it looks great.

boxa777

Coach
Again, not exactly helping here, more boasting..

But i have a Westmont Jersey as well. They are still my favourite Saints jumper, with the boomerang westmont and NSWRL badges on the front and penfolds blazed on it. I like the shape of the numbers and the white shadow background behind the red sponsor and number. Unfortunately not for sale. Best jersey of all time.

$50 is a tremendous pick up..

TheLegendKiller

Juniors
thats cool bro i'll keep looking but hell whats the deal with two WINS now?? was driving home and saw the new sign bloody hell we arent win!!!

I'm not sure if any other Dragons fan got an email back from Classic (or even sent one in the first place), but this is the response I got from Classic:

Hi .........,

Thanks for the inquiry, we too would love to re create this jersey, unfortunately unless we get both Club and previous sponsors approval and at this stage the sponsor is not willing to give approval for this jersey. If circumstances change we will definitely proceed to production.

Please feel free to follow up again.

Cheers,

Aidan Meacham

I have replied asking if it is possible to get this jersey, sans the Penfolds sponsorship.

Last edited: