What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Can We Find A Seven

EelsFan05

Bench
Surely we must have/are close to signing a half (please be Cronk). Not that I rate K. Keating but letting go of Keating and Mateo in the one year with no incoming halves would have to be managerial suicide. The halves depth would be 1. Mortimer 2. Humble 3. ................ ARRGGGGHHHHH someone book me a bed at the asylum.

I think Orford is a pr*ck of a man but he has a knack of winning games.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the sad part is that Noddy, Finch and even Tim Smith would improve this side at 7...

I really hope that DA, Ossie and Spag know what their doing all they'll be plenty of questions thrown at them at the next AGM..

EelsFan05

Bench
If Noddy of Tim Smith's name gets a run by management then that will do me, i'll give it away. I'm starting to wonder whether I like the season proper or the off season better:) At least during the off season I enjoy my weekends.

Seriously though, we have to get out there a buy someone that is an established half back. I know it isn't as easy as that but my point is we have tried over and over again to develop one and it either gets us nowhere or they take off to some other team. Cronk or Orford have to be on the top of the list. Does anyone remember the reasons why Orford left Manly.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
If Noddy of Tim Smith's name gets a run by management then that will do me, i'll give it away. I'm starting to wonder whether I like the season proper or the off season better:) At least during the off season I enjoy my weekends.

Seriously though, we have to get out there a buy someone that is an established half back. I know it isn't as easy as that but my point is we have tried over and over again to develop one and it either gets us nowhere or they take off to some other team. Cronk or Orford have to be on the top of the list. Does anyone remember the reasons why Orford left Manly.

Manly signed Ox from Storm for a squillion and could not afford to renew it at the same coin. So he went to UK.

He wont come cheap but at least he knows what he's doing.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I think the noddy phobia is a little bit much tbh...I would rather him than Morts and if we gave him a year before we sign another established half or give Jason Wehebe a year to establish himself in the NYC it could be a good thing.

EelsFan05

Bench
I think the noddy phobia is a little bit much tbh...I would rather him than Morts and if we gave him a year before we sign another established half or give Jason Wehebe a year to establish himself in the NYC it could be a good thing.

I think going from Under 20's to first grade destroys more players then it helps. Young halves need to be tested against men that know how to defend before making the jump and kids football careers will continue to be ruined under the current format. Sorry a bit of topic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we still have the halves that got us to the grand final last year

we shouldn't really be this desperate to replace them

EelsFan05

Bench
we still have the halves that got us to the grand final last year

we shouldn't really be this desperate to replace them

Twiz, surely you can see that there are some major concerns in the area at the moment and if they continue there will be no finals for us this year. It might not be a need to replace them but a necessity the way things are going.

Djay

Juniors
Morts kicking game is horrible, he creates nothing and is obsessed with going back inside when we have numbers to spread it wide.

Like one of you's said, to let KK and Mateo go in the same season and not get a half to replace them will be disastrous.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twiz, surely you can see that there are some major concerns in the area at the moment and if they continue there will be no finals for us this year. It might not be a need to replace them but a necessity the way things are going.

I'm not saying we dont need new halves, just a hypothetical question

these two got us to the GF, what's gone wrong ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think going from Under 20's to first grade destroys more players then it helps. Young halves need to be tested against men that know how to defend before making the jump and kids football careers will continue to be ruined under the current format. Sorry a bit of topic.

well I wasn't for a moent suggesting that we should throw him in now..

True EEL

Bench
Personally I would be going all out for matt orford. The ox was a great player. Tough, quick and quick between the ears. Great kicking game.
Would really turn the eels around.

look no offence, seriously......but i just threw up in my m outh a little bit.....i would even take Noddy over 'the ox' - i have never rated him, ever

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly on form are Mateo and KK going to be missed???? Really??? Horo has outplayed Mateo all season and KK since the Country game has been woeful. Morts really is a 6, it's a worry DA can't or wont see it. If we can't pick up Cronk or even Orford our drought will continue.

True EEL

Bench
Mateo will no longer be missed.....
KK is now dead to me for his deception.....and he hasn't really even shown enough to warrant all this fuss anyway

and Morts, geez i dunno?!

offside ref

Juniors
Kk won't be missed but maybe down the track we will cry about it. But hopefully cronk or someone comes to fix this up.