What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Can We Find A Seven

gustarny

Juniors
I think Da must bite the bullet and give Mitchel a go at either 9 or 7 as he was a 7 right through his junior career.We need to see if he can make the step up or not before we lose him as well.

lingard

Coach
we still have the halves that got us to the grand final last year

we shouldn't really be this desperate to replace them

Well, we don`t really. Last year Jeff Robson was our halfback. Mortimer played six. And I think that Robson was a far better halfback than Mortimer is. I think Robson spoon-fed Mortimer and took all the pressure off him. I`m not saying that Robson moving back to half would solve our problems long-term. Not at all. We need to BUY a half-back from outside the club. (I was saying this three years ago, but everyone was talking about how we have these fantastic young halves ready to come up.) But Robson at half would certainly help us out in the short-term. Trouble is, it would weaken our hooker position, because Robson also happens to be far and away our best hooker at the moment. (I think history will look pretty kindly on Jeff Robson. He`s a pretty good player.) I wonder if Mortimer could possibly play hooker for the rest of the year?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not saying we dont need new halves, just a hypothetical question

these two got us to the GF, what's gone wrong ?

Same problems in my opinion - with good halves we could have beaten Melbourne last year. We had ample opportunity to do so but just couldn't land the killer blow - so much so that at one stage Lowrie had to put in a kick on the last.

Eelementary

Post Whore
look no offence, seriously......but i just threw up in my m outh a little bit.....i would even take Noddy over 'the ox' - i have never rated him, ever

But you think Noddy or Ox would make our halves worse than they currently are?

spartan2153

Juniors
Mortimer is the worst 7 or 6 to ever play for parramatta. Its good to see that finally people are seeing him or the overated hack that he is. He has finally stopeed making comments because he is finally feeling the pressure.

He can thank hayne for his upgrade because to be honest he only backed up well with a few average kicking games last year. Kk is gone so now its time to bight the bullet & pay overs for a half. It worked for manly.

Our recruitment should always concentrate on having quality 7 & 6's coming thru cause to be honest you can always produce or buy forwards & backs at a regular basis. But the halves are the hardest to come across.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mortimer is the worst 7 or 6 to ever play for parramatta. Its good to see that finally people are seeing him or the overated hack that he is. He has finally stopeed making comments because he is finally feeling the pressure.

really? I can probably give you 5 halves that have been worse in the 35 years of watching this club...

Basque Eel

Juniors
How would Scott Dureau look in an Eels jumper. He would probably come cheap and has a bit more experience in number 7 than what we currently have. Could be a good pickup.

Daneel

Bench
How would Scott Dureau look in an Eels jumper. He would probably come cheap and has a bit more experience in number 7 than what we currently have. Could be a good pickup.

He probably wouldn't do any worse than what we have at the moment, but having said that i wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot barge pole. Like someone posted in another thread he was dropped for ben rogers and i wouldn't feed rogers my dogs scraps.

Basque Eel

Juniors
He probably wouldn't do any worse than what we have at the moment, but having said that i wouldn't touch him with a 40 foot barge pole. Like someone posted in another thread he was dropped for ben rogers and i wouldn't feed rogers my dogs scraps.

Admittedly, yes he hasn't played that well this season, but with a good forward pack in front of him like Parra has, he has the potential to be a contender.

Daneel

Bench
Admittedly, yes he hasn't played that well this season, but with a good forward pack in front of him like Parra has, he has the potential to be a contender.

To be honest with you barring a handful of games i can't ever remember him playing well.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Beau Henry if he hasn't signed with the Knights or Dragons
Maybe Ben Roberts , but only if there was no one else left. He may not have a role with the dogs next year after there recent signings
Michael Monoghan - I reckon he has some unfinished business in the NRL and would return for the right price.
Trent Barrett ? - for the right price reckon he would stay on for another year.
Brett Kimmorley - not against the idea, but maybe age will catch up with him. The reason I think he would be ok is his kicking game is ok. I think our biggest problem is when attacking the opositions line, we don't have the kicking game to build pressure. When was the last time we got a repeat set ? all we do is on the last kick to the winger !!!

Daneel

Bench
Beau Henry if he hasn't signed with the Knights or Dragons
Maybe Ben Roberts , but only if there was no one else left. He may not have a role with the dogs next year after there recent signings
Michael Monoghan - I reckon he has some unfinished business in the NRL and would return for the right price.
Trent Barrett ? - for the right price reckon he would stay on for another year.
Brett Kimmorley - not against the idea, but maybe age will catch up with him. The reason I think he would be ok is his kicking game is ok. I think our biggest problem is when attacking the opositions line, we don't have the kicking game to build pressure. When was the last time we got a repeat set ? all we do is on the last kick to the winger !!!

Beau Henry yes but hasn't he already been signed?

Ben Roberts maybe, never been a fan of his but he was improving before his injury.

Micheal Monahagn once again maybe

Trent Barrett definitely not overated gimp

Brett Kimorley If we could get out of him what we did from Jason Taylor for one year than id be pretty keen but i wouldn't be willing to take the chance.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Beau Henry yes but hasn't he already been signed?

Ben Roberts maybe, never been a fan of his but he was improving before his injury.

Micheal Monahagn once again maybe

Trent Barrett definitely not overated gimp

Brett Kimorley If we could get out of him what we did from Jason Taylor for one year than id be pretty keen but i wouldn't be willing to take the chance.

Yeah my first opinion of Kimorley was no. But I think he would be a good pick up at cheap price. Would teach Mortimer a few things and give us a experienced leader.

Latest posts