What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where could/should/will the NRL be in 10 years time?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree, although it would have to be huge amounts of money to get a club to relocate even if they were on death’s door.

The NRL could act now and put up something like (total guess) a $40million “bounty” on Perth, Adelaide and Christchurch/Wellington. Pay $20m up front then an extra $2m on top of the grant for 10 years. Most likely none would take it but at least it’s on the table.

Likewise they could offer an incentive if any club really wanted to make somewhere like Central Coast their own by taking 4-6 games therei annually. Or offer something like $10-15m for a full relocation since it’s a bit easier than Perth/Adelaide/NZ.
When clubs were really skint the nrl had $7mill on the table just to move up the road to gosford, no one took it. Now clubs are flush with a $13mill grant no chance anyone is moving. If nrl was going to spend $40mill it could comfortable setup perth itself.

The next expansion should be into NZ in a big way. I think 2 new teams in NZ. The game needs to move into the islander regions not west away from the islander areas.
NZ 2 and Perth are both beneficial for different reasons, but lack the safety that Bris 2 and Bris 3 provide. I cannot see our clubs or broadcasters putting the long-term benefits of expanding into NZ and Perth ahead of themselves.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
As was explained in the press conference, either by Abdo or the Dolphins.... The moreton bay area is the 2nd largest growth area in Australia, that connects up to the Sunshine Coast which is the 4th largest growth area in Australia.... So the Dolphins will be working in accord with the Capras to promote the Dolphins brand along the Northern corridor.

As in, I think the ARLC will be very selective with the next license. If they're using the Dolphins to take in the entire northern corridor, then maybe the western corridor won't be next, the Broncos to continue developing/owning that region.

So NZ 2, or Perth imo, would seem the next region the ARLC would select for strategic purposes.

???

MugaB

Coach
As was explained in the press conference, either by Abdo or the Dolphins.... The moreton bay area is the 2nd largest growth area in Australia, that connects up to the Sunshine Coast which is the 4th largest growth area in Australia.... So the Dolphins will be working in accord with the Capras to promote the Dolphins brand along the Northern corridor.

As in, I think the ARLC will be very selective with the next license. If they're using the Dolphins to take in the entire northern corridor, then maybe the western corridor won't be next, the Broncos to continue developing/owning that region.

So NZ 2, or Perth imo, would seem the next region the ARLC would select for strategic purposes.

???
What's North of North Queensland?

Latest posts