What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did all the Lee bashers go??

Macca

Coach
Come back out where we can see you great judges. Wins a game with the bat and then the ball. What will he do in the finals? He is and always has been a champion and for all those who knocked him over this summer when he was in a slump and bowling on over prepared pitches, time for your supper! Tonights special: Humble Pie.

knights04

Bench
I stand by my Lee bashing from the test series and the 'Gabba game. His bowling was atrocious and he was useless until he redeemed himself which he has done so quite convincingly. Unlike Martyn, he could score 3 straight ODI hundreds but he'll still be heckled until he gets omitted.

Iafeta

Referee
One word - WACA. I'd be disappointed if I were quick and didn't knock a couple of subcontinental players over on it. Its a damn hard track for them to bat on. Just as Calcutta or Karachi is for Anglo-Saxon cricketers.

The truer test will be the finals at the SCG and MCG. He needs to get back that consistency before all those 37 odd no balls are history. Also, to see if he can stop his career test average ballooning out over 30 as he has done over the past 2 years will be another test.

Also, Andy Bichel is still out there bashing :lol:

Macca

Coach
Andy Bichel can bash all he wants, he has earnt the right to.

One word WACA?

OK, if you can use that excuse then I can simply say that the other wickets didn't suit Binga. If all you are going on is pitch preparation, then you are out of arguments. It's simple really. Aussie pitches should be fast and bouncy because Aussie relish those conditions. This summer we prepared highways. It would be like the Aussies going to India and playing on green tops. It shouldn't have happened. India must have thought all their Chrissies had come at once this summer.

I'd bag the curators before I bagged Lee.

Iafeta

Referee
I must admit, I like the WACA ground. The pitch certainly suits the Australians because they're used to it, but its unique. I'd still love to know the record for and against there. Seriously though, if you were 150 clicks, you'd be selevating to have a shot on that deck. It was a top spell, but now he has to take that to Sydney and Melbourne where conditions will be different. If he's as good as he was 3 years ago, it won't matter.

The way the Indians played on the WACA, and all subcontinental teams usually do, they looked shell shocked. I doubt they ever really play on a pitch like that. Even last night, they were being slammed on the helmets.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was unfit when he retured and now he is fit.

I was never a Lee basher and said we should stick it out, because he is a class act.

He is back in form, and I 'm glad I stuck up for him.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
We need Lee, he scares the shit out of some players. Just wish he wouldn't celebrate like he won the lottery, when the batting team are 2/600 and he knocks one over. I get :oops:

Macca

Coach
That is the best part about him IMO. The enthusiasm he shows no matter what. How many kids see that smiling face and say to dad, "Iwanna bowl like Brett lee". The point of this thread is not to decide whther he should be there or not, it's to ask where have the tallpoppy syndrome sufferers disappeared to. Iafeta makes good points but he is not a Lee basher. Where did they all go? If I say something and I am proven wrong I always turn up to take my medicine, where did these skirts all go?

choc_soldier

Coach
Yes, I was a Lee basher, and I have seen the error of my ways. I am willing to admit it.

It's good to see him back in form.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I got po'ed when he had gone for 83 and bowled Yuvraj out and he ponced around like he'd bowled India out, single handedly for 83 - in total.

Jimbo

Immortal
I'm still here. I haven't been vocal about it, bit I still think Lee is f*cking useless.

And you can quote me :D

Disco

Bench
Where did all the Lee bashers go.........................Have a look in the Martyn threads, and when he hits form they'll move onto there next target

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good point Disco.

The big question is, who will be the next target of our abuse.

I'm open to suggestions.

Bearing in mind we've already done, Lee, Martyn, Harvey, Bichel and our man Stuey.

The Colonel

Immortal
Disco said:
Where did all the Lee bashers go.........................Have a look in the Martyn threads, and when he hits form they'll move onto there next yarget

You live in hope but no..... :roll:

Macca

Coach
Jimbo said:
I'm still here. I haven't been vocal about it, bit I still think Lee is f*cking useless.

Well I think you are usless at judging good cricket then Jimbo. You can quote me too.

ozbash

Referee
Jimbo said:

I will jimbo.. :lol:

the mealy mouthed one thinks that because he gets a couple of tail end zimboks he,s the worlds best.

WRONG!!

budz

Juniors
One good game out of 30 gets him nowhere. We will see what he can do in the finals followed by the tour of SL if he makes it.