What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did all the Lee bashers go??

zulu

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
zulu said:
Lee' record means he is a must for the one day side. It also means he shouldn't be anywhere near the Test side. The guy has been the biggest pie chucker in Aussie Test cricket for the past 3 years.

But marketing and media issues keep him in the side.

He is the glamour boy of Aussie cricket.

People like Bichel have the right to be pissed off!
Bichel's test record is about the same as Lee's in terms of bgowling average and strike rate, Bichel has a slightly better bowling average and Lee has a slightly better strike rate, however their one day records don't compare, Lee's bowling average is 21 compared to Bichel's 31, and Lee's strike rate is 27 compared to Bichel's 41 and economy rates are about the same with Lee slightly cheaper. Lee's one day bowling average and strike rate are even better than that of Warne, McGrath and gillespie, not bad for a pie chucker.

Sorry Bichel's economy rate is slightly better than Lee's on ODI.

Andy is a new ball bowler, but was never given that chance even when McGrath and co. were injured. That's the difference.

No doubting Lee's value in the one day game as I have previously mentioned. But in Tests with the new ball at his disposal a lot of the time, he is the ultimate Aussie pie tosser.

Got Bichel v Lee's state records at hand. I think after reading those, you'll see how mistreated Bichel has been.

IMO, Bichel should be in the one day side ahead of Harvey. Better batting record, similar bowling record.

zulu

Juniors
You mean pace champ, not raw talent.

Lee's hair dye is better though although he needs a new style.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bichel's state record is slightly better than Lee however, that's just in the longer version of the game and it isn't substantially better, also Bichel is well into his 30's, whilst Lee is in his mid 20's so obviously Lee still has a few more years left, Lee also has the better one day domestic record.

I mean Bichel's bowling in the TVS cup and in this VB series has been nothing short shocking if you ask me, high econmy rate, high bowling average, no wickets, could only lead to one possible outcome, even on the pace friendly waca wicket bichel still struggled. The only reason why peop-le didn't notice Bichel's poor form is because everyone had the claws out for Lee and Martyn, who are both high profile squad members.

Macca

Coach
Zulu? Zulu? Zuuuuuullluuuuuuuu? Where are you? What a catch! :clap: He's bowling well too. You stopped digging yet?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Forget the records and the stats.

You're an opening batsman, who would you rather face, Lee or Bichel.

Eddie_T

Juniors
iggy plop said:
I'd rather face Lee - easy runs and plenty of no balls.
Actually he's been going very well with the no balls of late, he's now keeping it to about 1 or 2 in 60 balls, which is quite good, and as for the easy runs, mate they're never easy when the ball is coming right at your body at 150km/h, mate, you wouldn't be able to see the ball.

I stand by that he shouldn't have been bought back in so quickly to the test side. He has turned it around now, but his form over XMas/new Years was the shitz

PB

Bench
budz said:
One good game out of 30 gets him nowhere. We will see what he can do in the finals followed by the tour of SL if he makes it.

Iafeta wrote:
One word - WACA. I'd be disappointed if I were quick and didn't knock a couple of subcontinental players over on it. Its a damn hard track for them to bat on. Just as Calcutta or Karachi is for Anglo-Saxon cricketers.

The truer test will be the finals at the SCG and MCG

I think he went alright in the final, i might have to check the figures, but with ball in hand, and in the field... Yep he went pretty freaking well i think.

To your credit lads, you stuck to your guns while the other baggers, just ran off and hid.......

Macca

Coach
Where did he come in the AB medal for 1 dayers? Oh really? So the Lee bashers are that wrong? I am glad that his peers and the media didn't agree.

zulu

Juniors
If ever Lee needs to show form, it's in the Tests. His form in tests has been woeful for a long period now.

It's time to hit the mark in the test arena for Bing or bugger off. Although, we know that won't happen because he is one of the boys and a media fave.

aqua_duck

Coach
Lee's tesst bowling is abismal to say the least, but he has to be one of the best ODI bowlers in world cricket, was 2nd leading wicket taker in the world cup. I think the improvement in his run up, less no balls should help him alot as he's taken many wickets off no balls in the past.