What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did all the Lee bashers go??

Macca

Coach
you guys are hilarious. :lol: You bash him him up for his ODI ability but he comes back and makes you eat your words. What do you guys do? You don't say well done, I was wrong to have wanted to drop him. No, you just go for his next position. Lee will perform in Tests too, he is far to good a bowler not too.

SirShire

First Grade
No its tough to see you continously flog this for all you can. Yes I flogged Lee b/c he was bowling shocking at the time (which is why the great DK Lillee had to fix him :roll: ).

You've flogged it for all you can, so maybe you can just stop posting about it. :roll:

Macca

Coach
I'll stop flogging it, as long as you stop knocking champions when they are down!

Macca

Coach
I refuse to ask for his scalp. He has only had one bad series. IMO, you need 2 bad ones in a row, possibly three depending on how long they have been around.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McSharkie said:
I refuse to ask for his scalp. He has only had one bad series. IMO, you need 2 bad ones in a row, possibly three depending on how long they have been around.

Stay tuend for the SL tour.

Watch this space.

Macca

Coach
If he fails in Sri Lanka in both forms or either for that matter then I agree, he is in trouble. In the event that he scores runs, you will have to admit he deserves to stay there. It goes both ways.

Were you guys the same bunch who used to call for M. Taylor, S. Waugh and M. Waugh to retire?

SirShire

First Grade
McSharkie said:
If he fails in Sri Lanka in both forms or either for that matter then I agree, he is in trouble. In the event that he scores runs, you will have to admit he deserves to stay there. It goes both ways. quote]

OK, but he wont be in trouble, he will be gone.

Craig

Juniors
I havent posted in this thread because I dont see the point in going over and over again.

I still say he is over-rated. He's not consistent enough.

Macca

Coach
Craig said:
I havent posted in this thread because I dont see the point in going over and over again.

I still say he is over-rated. He's not consistent enough.

You don't see the point in going over it but you still go over it again. :roll: :lol: You're a laugh.

Craig

Juniors
Eddie_T said:
Actually he's been going very well with the no balls of late, he's now keeping it to about 1 or 2 in 60 balls, which is quite good, and as for the easy runs, mate they're never easy when the ball is coming right at your body at 150km/h, mate, you wouldn't be able to see the ball.

Really have you seen him bat?

iggy plop

First Grade
McSharkie said:
you guys are hilarious. :lol: You bash him him up for his ODI ability but he comes back and makes you eat your words. What do you guys do? You don't say well done, I was wrong to have wanted to drop him. No, you just go for his next position. Lee will perform in Tests too, he is far to good a bowler not too.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/02/14/1076548272007.html

Have a read of this article ya tossa.

I love reading the truth.

iggy plop

First Grade
The bottom line is if your sexy, marketable Lee friend fuccs up in Sri Lanka in the Tests, HE SHOULD BE DROPPED!!!

Macca

Coach
Yeah good article. It doesn't say he should be dropped. It says that his record over his last 13 tests has been down. He will pick it up again, and I'll be here to remind you of your tall poppy syndrome. What makes you think I am a tossa? Is it because I like to support Australian champions, even when they are a little low on form?

iggy plop

First Grade
It's been a very long time.

I wouldn't call Brett Lee a champion. McGrath and Gillespie are champions, not Lee.

One bag of five wickets in his whole career (in his first game against unsuspecting, confidence-sapped Indians)

You are a victim of the media hype, it is so friggin' obvious.