What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do our forwards rate in 2019.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Tonight's Easts & Storm match both packs were guilty of not putting in for the 80min but they were still very impressive when they Got into gear. It begs the question where does our forward pack rate at full strength in 2019.
My top 4
Easts
Storm
Souths
Dragons

Glenn012

Juniors
Tonight's Easts & Storm match both packs were guilty of not putting in for the 80min but they were still very impressive when they Got into gear. It begs the question where does our forward pack rate at full strength in 2019.
My top 4
Easts
Storm
Souths
Dragons

1. Dragons
2. Daylight
3. Souffs
4. Storm
5. Rorters

Our pack is incredible and not one of them merely "workman like"....... like Cordner.

My top 4
Easts
Storm
Souths
Dragons
You should also add "first half of the season" "second half of the season" into the mix of criteria.
First half
Souths
Dragons
Storm
Easts.
Second Half
Easts
Souths
Melbourne
Dragons.

Glenn012

Juniors
You should also add "first half of the season" "second half of the season" into the mix of criteria.
First half
Souths
Dragons
Storm
Easts.
Second Half
Easts
Souths
Melbourne
Dragons.
This year with JDB, K. Sims and Frizz already spending time out and with Host and Lawrie really stepping up to show they are most certainly NRL standard players, I feel it's going to be different. I think we are going to keep building throughout the season.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. Dragons
2. Daylight
3. Souffs
4. Storm
5. Rorters

Our pack is incredible and not one of them merely "workman like"....... like Cordner.

Due to his advancing years, Graham is definitely “workman like”.

I would also classify McInnes in that category too.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
There is very little between the top tier forward packs. On any given day, the following can dominate all rivals.

In no particular order:

Saints
Souths
Cowboys
Chooks
Storm.

Next comes daylight.

Postscript: despite not having too many household names, Melbourne pack gets mentioned because of: 1. the bloke who coaches them, and 2. its longevity with success.

Last edited:

Glenn012

Juniors
Due to his advancing years, Graham is definitely “workman like”.

I would also classify McInnes in that category too.
Disagree. All Cordner does is run and tackle. And doesn't do either particularly effectively. He doesn't miss many tackles but doesn't smash guys like JDB or Sims but often gets smashed himself. Graham has an offload in traffic and a pass in front of the line.

McInnes is a hard worker but as seen against Brisbane, as an example of a particularly memorable instance, he has more than just that in his game.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Roosters have the best pack including bench. Because off our bench and without JDB for some time we are around 6th-7th. James Graham is not an impact just a doer.
Roosters, Melb, Souths then, Canberra & Manly (just) are better at full strength. Brisbane will be by the end of the year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Disagree. All Cordner does is run and tackle. And doesn't do either particularly effectively. He doesn't miss many tackles but doesn't smash guys like JDB or Sims but often gets smashed himself. Graham has an offload in traffic and a pass in front of the line.

McInnes is a hard worker but as seen against Brisbane, as an example of a particularly memorable instance, he has more than just that in his game.

Oh yeah, Cordner is outrageously overrated.

You just gave me another half chubby with your last paragraph, but I wish McInnes would run a hell of a lot more and dispell the image of “workman like”.

When was the last time Graham offloaded....2012? It’s not that he’s not capable, it’s just he’s become a head-down, bum up sort of prop for quite some time now.

Speaking of JG, can anyone explain his lasso dance during the team’s victory song?

possm

Coach
I'd say that we have the best pack if De Belin is in the team. We would have the second best pack behind Souths if De Belin is not in the team.