What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does Jack Wighton rank amongst all NRL players ever?

mxlegend99

Referee
When he looked like a future superstar it was as a centre / winger. I think centre is his position. But the question is whether he would be better than Leilua or Croker.

1. Rapana
2. Croker / Wighton
3. Wighton / Croker
4. Leilua
5. Lee

Only have him centre and Croker on the wing as a winger still needs to field kicks and gets a lot more pressure from kicks than a centre. Croker would be more reliable.

The other option ids dropping Wighton altogether. Or possibly moving BJ Leilua into the firwards. Which would have been a good option if Raiders didn't have such a good forward pack that they keep adding to.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Croker is a better centre than Wighton. Besides that we don't have a great option for fullback. There's Rapana but he's good for some clangers too and you don't break up a combination like he has with BJ. Wighton just needs a Witch Doctor or Tony Robbins or something..

Lambretta

First Grade
You didn't watch the whole game did you?

A knock on can't be considered a f**k up because every time a player does one all his team mates come over and pat him on the back

Well, done. Good on yer mate - you dropped the ball. Nice one. Way to go.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Croker is a better centre than Wighton. Besides that we don't have a great option for fullback. There's Rapana but he's good for some clangers too and you don't break up a combination like he has with BJ. Wighton just needs a Witch Doctor or Tony Robbins or something..

Croker is in career best form plus he and Lee add a bit of variation from sticky ball. I love rapana and BJ but they are almost Ricky Stuart's ideal version of a centre and winger which is great because it suits the team but I do like Croker and Lee being a bit different.

If wighton could catch I wouldn't give a shit. It's the errors not his overall fullback stuff that is the problem. Get rid of the errors and he is good enough. Big strong lad who can take a hit up. That's his job.

Wish he would improve his support play though.

mongoose

Coach
He made a few redeeming good plays in the second half last night after those f*ck ups. Not sure where i stand with him though, he definitely has some concentration problems and doesn't seem to know what his role is in the team at times. Anyway Billy Slater had a lot of errors in his game early in his career, not saying Wighton will be the next Slater...

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I like Wighton, he fits in at the Raiders with the rest of their enigmatic backline. Capable of extreme brilliance or monumentally stuffing up but as a viewer they are the best team in the NRL to watch.

nick87

Coach
He's developing really nicely as a ball player too.
He loves laying merkins out at fullback, which is great

You could probably say he's the best defensive fullback in the game. He's a vicious defender who regularly lays ball-runners out in the backfield. He's not the quickest fullback, but when he runs he's busting tackles with power, and his ball playing is starting to develop as well.

He was outstanding again last night.

nick87

Coach
No, I dont think i could honestly say he's best defensive fullback, he is still learning the ropes positionally and the way Chudleigh stepped through him happens far too regularly. Guys like Boyd or Slater dont get beat like that with the regularity that he does

But i think he's probably the biggest hitter at fullback. He whiffs too often but when he does hit someone, they're going to be feeling it the next day

Frailty

First Grade
You could probably say he's the best defensive fullback in the game. He's a vicious defender who regularly lays ball-runners out in the backfield. He's not the quickest fullback, but when he runs he's busting tackles with power, and his ball playing is starting to develop as well.

He was outstanding again last night.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA