What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the line draw, when you say no "not eating that" ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Is it moral, no pets?

Is it no way, no insects?

Up for some whale?

What can be farmed?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nobody’s pet, nothing severely endangered, nothin that involved excessive cruelty in the making. Otherwise go ahead, plate it up, I’ll have a go.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Surströmming

Opened can of surströmming in brine.
Surströmming (pronounced [²sʉːˌʂʈrœmːɪŋ], Swedish for "sour herring") is a lightly-salted fermentedBaltic Sea herring.

The Baltic herring, known as strömming in Swedish, is smaller than the Atlantic herring, found in the North Sea. Traditionally, the definition of strömming is "herring fished in the brackish waters of the Baltic north of the Kalmar Strait".[1] The herring used for surströmming are caught just prior to spawning.

During a production of surströmming, just enough salt is used to prevent the raw herring from rotting. A fermentation process of at least six months gives the fish a characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidic taste. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, stronger than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean hongeohoe or Japanese kusaya.[2]

At the end of the 1940s, producers lobbied for a royal ordinance (Swedish: förordning) that would prevent incompletely fermented fish from being sold. The decree forbade sales of the current year's production in Sweden prior to the third Thursday in August. While the ordinance is no longer on the books, retailers still maintain the date for the "premiere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey I like herring anything from the sea, except mammals, I could not eat dolphin, I have fed and patted one, they are cool.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nobody’s pet, nothing severely endangered, nothin that involved excessive cruelty in the making. Otherwise go ahead, plate it up, I’ll have a go.
I get the principal, but I eat beef, my sister has a pet cow.

But watch them strawberries, make a man evil they can.

thorson1987

Coach
Surströmming

Opened can of surströmming in brine.
Surströmming (pronounced [²sʉːˌʂʈrœmːɪŋ], Swedish for "sour herring") is a lightly-salted fermentedBaltic Sea herring.

The Baltic herring, known as strömming in Swedish, is smaller than the Atlantic herring, found in the North Sea. Traditionally, the definition of strömming is "herring fished in the brackish waters of the Baltic north of the Kalmar Strait".[1] The herring used for surströmming are caught just prior to spawning.

During a production of surströmming, just enough salt is used to prevent the raw herring from rotting. A fermentation process of at least six months gives the fish a characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidic taste. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world, stronger than similarly fermented fish dishes such as the Korean hongeohoe or Japanese kusaya.[2]

At the end of the 1940s, producers lobbied for a royal ordinance (Swedish: förordning) that would prevent incompletely fermented fish from being sold. The decree forbade sales of the current year's production in Sweden prior to the third Thursday in August. While the ordinance is no longer on the books, retailers still maintain the date for the "premiere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surströmming

thorson1987

Coach
all-animals-want-to-live-where-do-you-draw-the-line-pet-vs-food-apocalyptic-crysis-economic-crysis-regular-day-trying-to-bang-a-hot-vegan-chick.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
Oysters. Who the f**k looked at them and said ‘yummy, I’ll have some of those’.

Oysters, like cockles, muscles and winkles have been picked up and eaten for millenia
Humans probably looked at some animal eating a shellfish and thought "I'll give that a go" and it went from there..... if these eels are alright what about them snails? Or oysters....

Lambretta

First Grade
On the vegetable front - brussell sprouts are on the will not eat list

On the animal front, horse, 90% of things that reside in water, pets and insects.

Basically, I am a fussy eater

Latest posts