What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the love ?

The Rosco

Bench
Robbie mentioned it after we mopped the floor with the Titans. And despite convincingly beating some of the Premiership heavyweights, it aint got any better.
When the merge was leading the comp, it was friggin st george this and st george that. You couldn't read the morning paper for fear of spewing your breakfast all over the back page.
When Parra was going great guns . . . again all you heard was here a Parra, there a Parra, everyfriggin where another Parra.
In the lead-up to Monday's game the press specifically pointed to Parra's 4 and 2 stat, and how sunrisingoutoftheirfrigginarse great it was to see Parra doing well. And how the Tiges had their work cut out for them. The fact that the Tiges were holding the same report card didn't seem to matter. Never mind that we were technically above them on the table. We got mentioned as almost an afterthought.
When we smashed the Titans, Manly and Souths . . . the whole spin from the press was how bad all 3 played. Never mind that we forced them into it . . . . they all played poorly in a remarkable string of coincidence.
And now, there is a piece on nrl.com about the Doggies having the best bench in the league !

We don't need spindoctors to talk us up. We are doing that on the field.
But a bit of fair reporting, and maybe some recognition for the way we have reached the never before ( WT ) stat of 5 and 2.
And finally . . . . the Warriors are shorter priced than us for the title. :?
Where is the love ?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Shows how little the "experts" on RL media actually know. Last year they tipped us to win the comp, this year to get the spoon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k the love!

I prefer going under the radar. teams will continue to take us lightly and we'll continue to beat them.

I don't want media hyping us up and giving us a shitload of praise. The last time that happened we were tipped to become premiers and it's taken 2 years in the wilderness to get back to being a good side again.

gronkathon

First Grade
I get joy from the team putting in regardless of result.

Listening to media pundits is f**king depressing.

The need for all these talking heads to have an opinion on everything is to the detriment of the product

N.C.

Juniors
If the media aren't talking us up, it might be more because of the access they are being given to the club... One of the brightest differences I see between Potter and Sheens is that Sheens was all about letting the media stroke his wunderkind, whereas Potter seems to make sure the whole team gets the rap. This 'from the sheds' business on the WT site is great - plays straight to the fans, cuts out the fan-media.

magpie_man

Juniors
f**k the love!

I prefer going under the radar. teams will continue to take us lightly and we'll continue to beat them.

I don't want media hyping us up and giving us a shitload of praise. The last time that happened we were tipped to become premiers and it's taken 2 years in the wilderness to get back to being a good side again.

this. especially with all the inexperience in the team.

macnaz

Staff member
f**k the love!

Works for me to MU ;)

It was hard to find anyone in the media giving the WT a chance to win against Parra,i can understand their error of judgement with no Farah and Tedesco in the team but the Monday game gave the boys a good rest,where they were than able to rip in, allowing for a physical WT victory over a good Parra team.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
f**k the love!

This x 748000

BrotherJim05

Bench
f**k the love!

100% agree. We play better without the weight of expectation.

However bookies are starting to come around...we have jumped to $15 to win the premiership...it was $28 a week or two ago.

Latest posts