What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the hell is the game-day thread?

emjaycee

Coach
I can tell you for a fact that no one has ever been banned for that. I guess its a rule to discourage the discussion.
Cool, so hypothetically if Hindy111 gets suspended for pushing the envelope a bit too far, we can still talk about the lack of his update to the Power Rankings, or how good it was that he spotted Morretti before anyone else, but we cant talk about the envelope he pushed that got him suspended?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so if I get approval, to talk about a particular banned member, can I make a thread about him, about what it’ll take to get him unbanned and back on the forums?

that is basically why the rule was brought in, to stop that sort of nonsense

once someone has done something bad enough to warrant suspension, most come back and learn from their mistakes

once someone has been given a second chance, learned nothing, and actually committed further breaches, then a permanent ban is the only choice we have

don't bother wasting your time

strider

Post Whore
You do understand that people have no idea if a person even got banned .... but get nothing if they ask ..... they could be dead for all anyone knows .... but even asking if they got banned is frowned upon

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, so hypothetically if Hindy111 gets suspended for pushing the envelope a bit too far, we can still talk about the lack of his update to the Power Rankings, or how good it was that he spotted Morretti before anyone else, but we cant talk about the envelope he pushed that got him suspended?

hypothetically, sounds about right

it's not so much the innocent discussions that get moderated, its more about the whinging and telling us how to run our forums

we have a get out clause in the rules called moderator discretion

IFR33K

Coach
that is basically why the rule was brought in, to stop that sort of nonsense

once someone has done something bad enough to warrant suspension, most come back and learn from their mistakes

once someone has been given a second chance, learned nothing, and actually committed further breaches, then a permanent ban is the only choice we have

don't bother wasting your time

Ok. I totally understand where you’re coming from. Appreciate the response too

But do you actually think he was treated fairly, respected, talked down upon and baited in that thread?

I highly doubt there was any action taken against the members that were responsible for derailing that thread on numerous occasions.

how about you reconsider allowing him back on. And if he breaches the rules you can ban me too

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You do understand that people have no idea if a person even got banned .... but get nothing if they ask ..... they could be dead for all anyone knows .... but even asking if they got banned is frowned upon
I doubt anybody will care if you ask “Where is so-and-so?” I’m sure I’ve seen mods answer such questions in the past, at least with respect to whether or not they’ve been banned or suspended.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I highly doubt there was any action taken against the members that were responsible for derailing that thread on numerous occasions.

that has nothing to do with anything

To reiterate: Mods and Admin are not here to break up fights. This section is for important issues. Should an online fight develop, it is hoped that members can sort out their differences in a mature manner prior to the need for any intervention.

we often get asked to break up fights, we are not here for that, we are here mainly to protect LU from legal issues, just think about that for a minute

you're trying to get involved in something with which you are not well informed, which is why you are asking questions. I just cannot share certain things with the punters, sorry

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I doubt anybody will care if you ask “Where is so-and-so?” I’m sure I’ve seen mods answer such questions in the past, at least with respect to whether or not they’ve been banned or suspended.
I'm pretty sure I got a post deleted when I asked about someone once but it was probably in the context of a lot of other posts giving unsolicited advice to the mods.

If I ever had a genuine issue about something I'd just send one of the mods a PM.