What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where there's life there's hope

TEDGOODWINSTAND

Juniors
I'd like my first ever post on this forum to be incisive and illuminating but having supported the Saints for over 40 years all I can say now is our only hope is to Pray!!! You try and figure them out...perfect one day atrocious the next. Could someone explain the form across the South Sydney-Parra-Parra performances? Supporting this great club demands rigorous levels of patience and resilience. The rewards are many. It's because more often than not we always make the finals that we've grown a huge supporter base since our last win in 1979, other clubs come and go win a premiership here and there and away you go. Our players across the years have subjected their supporters to such extremes of emotion. I was just left numb after yesterday's loss because I've seen it all before. You know the script...this week we either blitz Brisbane or get smashed. I think the players may have mental issues under pressure. You'd expect so much more from players like Cooper, and Costigan was appaling. Cooper just stood and watched as Mortimer strolled over the line. Wendell just stood and looked at the bomb that resulted in their first try. I suspect he's a frontrunner. For 25 minutes they attacked and not one player put his hand up and then bang first touch at the Carlton end and we crack. And no-one laid a glove on Hayne. Obviously Bennett has a plan with his precision football but where is the flare and initiative you'd expect from professional footballers being payed six figure sums. As I said...PRAY!!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
welcome to the forums..

hmmmm.. where there is life, there is hope hey??

not always..

gta%20MF.jpg

TEDGOODWINSTAND

Juniors
It gets down to toss of the coin stuff. Does the good Dragons team turn up at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night or the dud one? You just have to hold your breath and hope. You can never tell with these guys. It's sudden death and that could count for something but with St George you just never know. Maybe in the end we'll just have to be grateful with how far they got this season. I bought ten grand final tickets a month ago, as I did in 2005. After that debacle I swore I'd never do it again but they've sucked me back in this year.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
Ok, so we lost yesterday and now we have to face up to an almighty challenge to make it to the GF. (Brisbane in Brisbane and Melbourne in Melbourne)

But realistically we are pretty much in the identically position as Parra. They too have to win 2 games to make it through to the big day in October.

We finished 1st after 26 rounds of the comp and we EARNED our double shot in the Finals just like many other teams in years gone bye (i.e. The Storm, The Dogs etc).

So if the boys can:
(a) Maintain good line speed, and
(b) Make better 5th tackle options
I am confident that we can go all the way.

TEDGOODWINSTAND

Juniors
Winning the minor premiership is a great achievement but we do pretty well most years. While the Broncos talk of making the finals for the last 18 consecutive seasons, you'll find St George have been the most consistent team after that, over the same period. I notice bloggers from other clubs like to snipe at the Dragons on this site...they'd kill for a record like ours. Parramatta (who), Canterbury (an embarrassment to the game, both club and supporters), Manly (goodbye, again) and the lowly Sharks (whose arguments are as empty as that sorry club's trophy cabinet..I noticed Phil Rothfield was the only expert to tip the Eels). I know we CAN win but why do you think we will?

Saint Angelo

Juniors
I think throughout most of the comp, the dragons have come up against sides that have been at their best or really hitting form just before we were about to meet them.

We have stopped winning streaks from the Panthers, Eels, Titans and pretty much have played sides when they were at their best (i.e. the Knights at the start of the year, Canberra recently etc).

Beating the Eels yesterday was always going to be a tough ask considering we thrashed them a week ago and we didn't really play all that bad.

We will learn from our loss to the Bronco's a few weeks back and we will take a lot out of that game.

And finally, I have just have this feeling that we are going to get there this year.

It's hard to explain, but that's just how I feel !!!!!

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Ok, so we lost yesterday and now we have to face up to an almighty challenge to make it to the GF. (Brisbane in Brisbane and Melbourne in Melbourne)

But realistically we are pretty much in the identically position as Parra. They too have to win 2 games to make it through to the big day in October.

We finished 1st after 26 rounds of the comp and we EARNED our double shot in the Finals just like many other teams in years gone bye (i.e. The Storm, The Dogs etc).

So if the boys can:
(a) Maintain good line speed, and
(b) Make better 5th tackle options
I am confident that we can go all the way.

Thats true. But I'd much rather Titans/Bulldogs then Broncos/Storm.

Oh well. More then likely we would of had to play Broncos/Storm to win the grand final. Now we have to play them to have the right to play in the grand final.

grandorient

Bench
Its not the future I'm concerned about, its the fact we played like world beaters one week and the next, very mediocre. I wouldn't say we played that badly, just very mediocre and against any team in the finals, thats just not good enough.

I am gettting very fed up with their iconsistant form when big games are played. There is absolutely no excuse for it and whats more my heart and stress levels can hardly cope.

After nearly 50 years of cheering, sorrow, joy, minor (and major) heart anxiety attacks, laughing, crying and kicking the cat to death, I have decided at long last to give these mutton birds the chop. No longer the mighty Draons, but the limpin lizards.

F*ck you StGeorge, I will never stress about you again; I will never follow any other team; I will just turn my telly off when the footy is on, or turn it over to watch the syncro swimming, or other such caper. F*ck you StGeorge, no more will you hear my cheerful chanting or heartfelt cheers;

until next Saturday of course.

Fire up you Dragons.!!!

GO

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Its not the future I'm concerned about, its the fact we played like world beaters one week and the next, very mediocre. I wouldn't say we played that badly, just very mediocre and against any team in the finals, thats just not good enough.

I am gettting very fed up with their iconsistant form when big games are played. There is absolutely no excuse for it and whats more my heart and stress levels can hardly cope.

After nearly 50 years of cheering, sorrow, joy, minor (and major) heart anxiety attacks, laughing, crying and kicking the cat to death, I have decided at long last to give these mutton birds the chop. No longer the mighty Draons, but the limpin lizards.

F*ck you StGeorge, I will never stress about you again; I will never follow any other team; I will just turn my telly off when the footy is on, or turn it over to watch the syncro swimming, or other such caper. F*ck you StGeorge, no more will you hear my cheerful chanting or heartfelt cheers;

until next Saturday of course.

Fire up you Dragons.!!!

GO

You had me going there for a second :lol:

saintzrule

Juniors
I think throughout most of the comp, the dragons have come up against sides that have been at their best or really hitting form just before we were about to meet them.

We have stopped winning streaks from the Panthers, Eels, Titans and pretty much have played sides when they were at their best (i.e. the Knights at the start of the year, Canberra recently etc).

Beating the Eels yesterday was always going to be a tough ask considering we thrashed them a week ago and we didn't really play all that bad.

We will learn from our loss to the Bronco's a few weeks back and we will take a lot out of that game.

And finally, I have just have this feeling that we are going to get there this year.

It's hard to explain, but that's just how I feel !!!!!
You can count me in also with that feeling!

Latest posts