What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to from here

IFR33K

Coach
Assuming you are SK, what do you do????

Mass player changes????? Any there any Reggie's worth a shot????

Burt to 14 as he always makes meters out of dummy half????? But seems to to be a weak winger.

Change the game plan or keep persisting with current plan.

To me we are playing to conservatively. We are restricting our instinctive players, and it's just not working.

Thoughts??????

Stagger eel

Staff member
i may remind you all that wenty got lapped yesterday...

I would start by having a look at our rehab squad and see who's available.

Gronk

Staff member
Not much you can do. We need Hayne and Fui that's for sure. The rest need to muscle up, hold the ball and make their tackles.

I wouldn't mind SK to stick to his current game plan whist we are in our own half. If we have improved anywhere it's running the ball out from our line. Once in the oppositions half I want some second phase.

IFR33K

Coach
i may remind you all that wenty got lapped yesterday...

I would start by having a look at our rehab squad and see who's available.

Wenty may of got lapped, but a week in Reggie's for some may kick start our season????? Surely we can't keep going as we are.

Stagger what's the go with shack, was he available?????

I don't want to keep bagging SK, but I haven't been able to establish why he would have POH on the bench, and use maguire to sub Hindy????? Very puzzling.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what gets me, how is it that the first 10 minute we look like world beaters and then our intensity drops 3 levels, especially after they score the first try.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty may of got lapped, but a week in Reggie's may kick our season????? Surely we can't keep going as we are.

Stagger what's the go with shack, was he available?????

I don't want to keep bagging SK, but I haven't been able to establish why he would have POH, on the bench, and use maguire to sub Hindy????? Very puzzling.

I don't know mate, there's more than 1 person out there puzzled about the shack situation i'll tell you that now...

he should be given the nod ahead of young paddy at the moment no question.

inside_pass

Bench
I really feel for Hindmarsh.
I wonder what he thinks when he has to run out on the field with this parra team?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I really feel for Hindmarsh.
I wonder what he thinks when he has to run out on the field with this parra team?

to be honest, I think he'd be thinking that it's nearly over soon, he's got a young family, he'll set himself up with a career outside the game and he'll want to get away from the club for a while..

who could blame him?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Don't worry about 2013. I wouldn't write this season off just yet. A win against the Panthers and we can turn it around. If we can get Hayne and Fui back and get no further injuries I think we can start to build from this Friday.

In a months time we will have forgotten about the first 3 weeks.

IFR33K

Coach
Don't worry about 2013. I wouldn't write this season off just yet. A win against the Panthers and we can turn it around. If we can get Hayne and Fui back and get no further injuries I think we can start to build from this Friday.

ME I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, so I have to ask, r u?????

Maroubra Eel

Coach
ME I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, so I have to ask, r u?????

No. I think we can do it. Although I have been burned in the past for being overly optimistic about the eels chances. Every year I think we can do it. I must be crazy, but I know I'm not alone.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I'll be honest with you, at 7.30 last night i would of agreed with you!...2 hours later I can't see anywhere out of this.

eels81236

Bench
I don't know mate, there's more than 1 person out there puzzled about the shack situation i'll tell you that now...

he should be given the nod ahead of young paddy at the moment no question.

From what I've seen at Wenty this year in 1 trial and 2 comp games Shack is a class above that grade. He is the only one down there that is though.

eels81236

Bench
We will see a marked change in attitude next week. Unfortunately that probably raises more questions than it answers.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
"There's something rotten in the state of Denmark' a quote that fits the Eels atm...who are the leader group in the team? Why aren't they rarking up the players on the field? Its their job - you need talkers & guys that lead by example - too many old guys sitting in their own comfort zones & fug. just because you've played a million games for your club & were once a goer doesn't mean you are now...hand the reins over. See a lot of blame for SK but he's trying to work with what he's got & he's not allowed on the paddock - bet if he was he'd have more energy and go-forward than what is on there now.
The backs need a platform from the forwards & its not happening - Sandow & roberts would then be able to create something.
Burt did a smidgeon more this game because he's had a taste of demotion....give a few more a taste of that. Bring up some gung ho, keen young ones with something to prove & watch the energy return to the team. Might be some mistakes & still might not win against experience but it won't be for lack of giving it a go!
IMo a few of the team see the future & like a lot of people coming to the end of their tenure they unwittingly sabotage the rest. The heart might still be there but the rest is closing down....too many on there like that.
If SK has the authority and backing to make changes (and I'm not sure he has - old boys & all that) he could keep what he saw as positive in the first 2 games and make changes where he sees fit. now wouldn't that be something...

SDM

First Grade
I am going to go to bay 24/25 and rip into the coach with all the other morons