What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the New Zealand Warriors finish in 2019?

Where will the New Zealand Warriors finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Blake Green
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Issac Luke
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Isaiah Papali'i
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

Ligi Sao
Leivaha Pulu
Bunty Afoa
Jazz Tevaga

Matua

Bench
9-12 It's the Warriors, too many people are back on the hype train despite the mismanagement still apparent at the club after the SJ/no new half fiasco, plus Kata is still receiving money to play first grade, so it will be a typical year of promising so much and not living up to that promise.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kearney said the 'process' is three years and so we should expect a good season for 2019. I do wonder if Kearney anticipated the loss of some high calibre players over his tenure thus far. Whilst we saw an improvement in our team this year, we've lost the likes of Johnson, Gavet, Matulino. I know they haven't been consistent for a lot of us etc etc...but I don't think Kearney planned on losing those guys. Because right now, Kearney has to deliver on his three year process promise with questionable centres, halves and an ordinary forward pack. Theres no way that goal of the 'process' is to be top 8, we know exactly what he meant and so I've picked 1-4 on that poll above.

JJ

Immortal
I went 9-12, could be lower. Hard to see how they could make the 8, but pretty sure I said similar for this season

Benek

Juniors
I went 9-12. On paper, worse team than last year. With a miracle start last year we still only scraped into the finals. Would be very happy to see us sneak into the 8 this year but don't expect if after the loss of SJ.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
5-8 imo.

• More experience and more options in the centre/wing positions.
  • Young half replacing SJ, who didn't do as much as we hoped this year.
  • More experience for guys like Satae and Papali who will play a bigger role this year.
  • Lost Mannering who appeared to have slowed down greatly and gained one of the form props of the comp
  • Should have Nathaniel Roache back, who provides a big spark from the bench.
Comp was very tight this year, with Cowboys and Knights getting stronger, it will be even closer imo

Daza06

Juniors
With the money Johnson was on surely there is a replacement signed before the start of the season.

Johnson is said to be on close to $1 million. You don't just leave that much space in your cap.

Without Johnson they won't make the eight but I can't help but think they have something planned. Warriors must have the most space in their cap out of the entire NRL now!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
With the money Johnson was on...Warriors must have the most space in their cap out of the entire NRL now!
If we dont AT LEAST make the 8 come finals time, criticism towards the Warriors losing of Shaun Johnson will likely arise and be made one of the reasons for our failure to make it.

'The cemetary for league players' is what were known as. Is there any big name player out there who wants to play for us? Some of the homesick kiwis we've lured to us aren't too bad but at this stage, there is more uncertainty than hope. I just hope we spend wisely and not desperately.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Johnson is said to be on close to $1 million. You don't just leave that much space in your cap.

Gotta, umm, ya know, upgrade... lads... Blair, Kata, Hiku... good, mmm, lads... updgrade, ya know...

Rich102

Staff member
Personally I am optimistic. I think the team is solid rather than flashy but if they play for each other they should do well. But the positive for me is the support staff the club is putting together. Top notch.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lost Mannering.
Lost Johnson.
Gained no one.
Will pick Kata.

13th to 16th.

Fight for the spoon with Parra and Dogs.

Feels to early to talking about this.
So many factors.
Hopefully top 8 with a team having to prove themselves not to be a 1 man band.

Forwards still and issue and defensive centers.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Lost Mannering.
Lost Johnson.
Gained no one.
Will pick Kata.

13th to 16th.

Fight for the spoon with Parra and Dogs.

:joy:

Jamie Soward, is that you?

No look in all seriousness I think there's a few teams who will be slightly better than the rest - Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs.
And a few who are worse than the rest - Dogs, Titans, Eels and maybe Manly.

The rest are all too close to call imo. 8 or 9 teams who you could interchange with each other and who could all end up getting on a good run in to the finals...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
:joy:

Jamie Soward, is that you?

No look in all seriousness I think there's a few teams who will be slightly better than the rest - Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs.
And a few who are worse than the rest - Dogs, Titans, Eels and maybe Manly.

The rest are all too close to call imo. 8 or 9 teams who you could interchange with each other and who could all end up getting on a good run in to the finals...
Replace Titans with Warriors and I agree 100%.

I expect the Titans to blossom this year.