What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 12-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fangs

Coach
Quite a large number of NRL fans have us outside the 8 this year. Curious to know what the actually results are among the Panthers fans forum.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
3rd to 5th is where this roster should sit. Give or take a bit of luck with when we face teams. Week 3 of finals should be minimum expected.

Anything less and thats 3 years with no improvement.

ACTPanthers

Bench
We SHOULD be finishing top four. But I have a terrible feeling we'll miss the 8 this season. I'm predicting a 9-12 finish.

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin, did Gus have a hand in coaching last season?

Nope. He had time off from Channel 9 through the season for health.

He did in 2016 although Brennan was an assistant too. So hard to say if it was only Gus.

I don't think Gus can do it fulltime with health and stuff. I think Ciraldo will be the next coach my theory is they are doing this in the meantime. Assuming it works Ciraldo takes over in 2020 or so.

If it doesn't work and they fire Griffin will be interesting what they do

Copperhead

Juniors
Nope. He had time off from Channel 9 through the season for health.

He did in 2016 although Brennan was an assistant too. So hard to say if it was only Gus.

I don't think Gus can do it fulltime with health and stuff. I think Ciraldo will be the next coach my theory is they are doing this in the meantime. Assuming it works Ciraldo takes over in 2020 or so.

If it doesn't work and they fire Griffin will be interesting what they do

Ah, thanks for that.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
We will take a few hits if we lose both halves to SOO. Though the fact we have them will help in the run home

Yeah nah, The top 5 sides usually have 4-5 origin players and still hit top 4 or like Melbourne/roosters - Minor premiers...

When May is back he can cover up with Wal.. I think we would be fine if the opposition is also affected.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah nah, The top 5 sides usually have 4-5 origin players and still hit top 4 or like Melbourne/roosters - Minor premiers...

When May is back he can cover up with Wal.. I think we would be fine if the opposition is also affected.

Others will be. I just mean

We Play
Canberra after SOO 1 down there
NZ Before SOO 3.
Sharks 2 days after SOO

2 of those games would normally be a win and Sharks 50/50.
Those 3 games could mean finishing 5th or 6th instead of top 4. Although having those SOO halves will help us come finals time

Blues Riff

Bench
I've gone 5-8, could just as easily voted 9-12.
That trial was "just a trial" but something inside me died watching it.
I just don't think our players are good enough, nothing to do with the coaching. Adding Moylan and Carty would do little to change my opinion.
I'm usually positive, but give me a reason Panthers.