What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will the Raiers Spend $650k

The Great Dane

First Grade
Should be some hooker in England worth poaching.

Yeah Roby, he is a very good hooker, I'd have him almost on the same level as Ennis or Farah and with a bit of game time in the NRL maybe even better then them.

As I said before it is very unlikely that we will be able to get him, but still it would be worth talking to him and his manger and seeing if he would be willing at least think about it.

Dazraider

Juniors
Go to the Super league and try and buy Tompkins as he is an absolute freak at times and would be awesome in the NRL, also sign up Sinfeild as I cant see anyone from the NRL who is top quality coming to Canberra.
Or look at the All blacks see if they have anyone interested in turning and coming into the NRL.
We need a Hooker and a 5/8th if campo comes back he can play lock and fensom in the second row with Thompson back as centre would be my choice

Didgi

Roby is easily better than Ennis, and if Farah was in a decent team you'd probably find he was better than him as well.

WireMan

Bench
Someone under 30 would be nice.

Not enough seasons left in them.

Yeah i agree.

But someone mentioned Hookers in ESL and if your not going to get Roby (which you won't) then Monas is up there. Plus if Buderus can do a job for Newcastle why not? Monas has out performed Buderus every season he was playing for Leeds.

Lance Hohaia does a good job for saints when Roby isn't playing but i can't imagine you want him either...

Other than him, you have L'Estrange at Bradford or Henderson at Catalans with NRL experience. Most of the other hookers are fairly new at the mo, so you probably don't want to risk them yet.

I'd probably just go with who you have at Hooker and throw your money somewhere else.

What posistions do you think you need?

Wighton or Robinson can play fullback so Winger? your centres look alright, and you will have to many halves soon so your backs ain't a prob.

How about a flair forward? Blair from Tigers or Mateo from Warriors?

The other option of course is to go to the Brumbies and see of they have anyone wanting a change of career. Fensom and Pocock in the forwards would be tasty.

shear_joy9

Coach
How about a flair forward? Blair from Tigers

:crazy: your joking surely. Rather play with a player down than have that waste of space on the field. The guy isn't even worth minimum wage.

The other option of course is to go to the Brumbies and see of they have anyone wanting a change of career. Fensom and Pocock in the forwards would be tasty.

Pocock, despite being a fine athletic specimen, doesn't have the game for league. The guys main skill is to force turnovers. Plus he's the current wallabies captain so you would be looking at spending at least $1m a season for unproven player coming off a knee reco.

WireMan

Bench
:crazy: your joking surely. Rather play with a player down than have that waste of space on the field. The guy isn't even worth minimum wage.

Pocock, despite being a fine athletic specimen, doesn't have the game for league. The guys main skill is to force turnovers. Plus he's the current wallabies captain so you would be looking at spending at least $1m a season for unproven player coming off a knee reco.

i was using Blair as an example of a type of player not currently playing for the Raiders. A forward who isn't just big and/or a tackling machine.

As for Pocock, i couldn't think of anyone else who plays for the Brumbies now Gregan and Larkin have retired. :lol:

shear_joy9

Coach
i was using Blair as an example of a type of player not currently playing for the Raiders. A forward who isn't just big and/or a tackling machine.

As for Pocock, i couldn't think of anyone else who plays for the Brumbies now Gregan and Larkin have retired. :lol:

fair enough.

the raiders and brumbies have really started to boost their relationship this year; sharing coaching/training techniques, player rehab etc. Poaching players is the last thing they would want to do.

fourxman

Juniors
Hooker is a must. Rein would be a good pick up if we could get him. It was a shame we missed out on Matt Ballin.

Wouldn't mind going after a halfback & Centre as well.

If Aiden Tolman's name was flying about, I would like us to have a stab.

Tommax25

Bench
That would be stupid.

Dugan was considered a marquee player. We now have a pile of cash to attract another marquee player to the club which should be a hooker in the Cameron Smith or Michael Ennis calibre. I realise that both of those players are on contract until end of 2014 but we need to go all out.

A winning team isn't going to be built around a Croker or Thompson, and I'd be perfectly fine with letting one or both go if we were able to sign a marquee player in a key position such as hooker.

Really? Did you mention Ennis in the same breathe as Smith? Ennis might be an upgrade for you guys but lets not get crazy here. I wouldn't be spending your cash bonanza on someone like Ennis if I were the Raiders.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hooker is a must. Rein would be a good pick up if we could get him. It was a shame we missed out on Matt Ballin.

Wouldn't mind going after a halfback & Centre as well.

If Aiden Tolman's name was flying about, I would like us to have a stab.

I could live with Rein leaving. IMO King is a better hooker and we have another future hooking star in Craig GARVEY.

You can have Rein & we'll take Williams. Should work out nicely.

bileduct

Coach
Really? Did you mention Ennis in the same breathe as Smith? Ennis might be an upgrade for you guys but lets not get crazy here. I wouldn't be spending your cash bonanza on someone like Ennis if I were the Raiders.
Ennis doesn't come close to Smith. There's no one near Cameron Smith and he is easily the best #9 in the modern era of Rugby League.

Michael Ennis is still a massive upgrade on what we currently have, and have had previously.

Alan Tongue, for f**k's sake.

shear_joy9

Coach
I'd like to see someone signed that can play in temperatures above 20d without passing out.

would love farrah and tolman.

Raider_69

Post Whore
youd have been well served looking at segyaro. wouldnt have cost too much, and goes alright.

We did. Had a crack at Matt Ballin, Segyaro and Nathan Peats. None of them were interested in moving to canberra.

Tough sledding for us to attract talent down here. In 99% of cases, if there is a like kind deal elsewhere, we're no chance

Latest posts