What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Gold Coast name do you think is best?

Which is the best name for the Gold Coast?

• Total voters

DIEHARD

----
There are a lot of suggestions of names for the Gold Coast going around, which do you think is the best?

DIEHARD

----
eastsrule said:
Gold Coast Breakers

I would have put that name down, but the Breakers is already the name of the local Union club.

http://www.goldcoastbreakersrugby.com/

I voted for the Pirates.

photo20.jpg

DIEHARD

----
ash the bash said:
i voted for the stingrays.. Diehard i think you left out an option the Marlins

I left out ones that are already taken.

72579_logoIMG.jpg

I probably shouldn't have even added the Chargers as the bid team have stated that they want to distance themselves from the past identities and want a fresh start.

Bomber

Bench
The Northern Marlins are the representative team for the northern regions (Cns-Tvl-Mky) of Queensland in the state titles.

NikkiShark

Juniors
"Gold Coast Lifesavers"

they wouldn't be Lifesavers if they lost, would they... they would be more like Lifelosers

no offence intended, I'm just in a bad mood

ThrashViking

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
I would have put that name down, but the Breakers is already the name of the local Union club.
Also the name of the Auckland based NBL franchise.
I voted Pirates. Arrrrrgh!

ThrashViking

Juniors
Thunderstruck said:
That has no bearing on the naming of a rugby league team.
The Football Kingz *groan* were threatend with a law suit by the Sydney Kings if they named the franchise the Kings.
Kingz is a very poor effort but you get my point. The Breakers who are playing in a Australian competition would probably be just as pissed off as Redcliffe.
As said previously theres already a Gold Coast Breakers.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
I left out ones that are already taken.

72579_logoIMG.jpg

I probably shouldn't have even added the Chargers as the bid team have stated that they want to distance themselves from the past identities and want a fresh start.

Nice to see but some lesser emblems which are already taken are:

Gold Coast
vikings.jpg

Townsville Stingers
88458_logoIMG.jpg

, and
Cairns Cyclones
cairns.jpg

All have participated in the Qld Cup but Cairns & Townsville now compete in the North Qld Foley Cup.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stingrays for mine.
A powerful creature which is local to the area and true to the ideal of naming teams.

There have been no Pirates on the Gold Coast, unless you count Christopher Skase.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
North Coast though

I dont think local comp teams would have issues but just for interests sake check out Noosa:

top_06.jpg

line_02-right.jpg

t_shirt_pix.jpg

Club History

space_half.jpg
The Noosa District Rugby League was founded in 1975 and based at the Cooroy Sport Complex which is now the Noosa District Junior Rugby League grounds.

The club appointed former Eastern Suburb's player Mick Plant as A'Grade Coach, a position he held through to 1977 when he led the Noosa Pirates to take out that season's President's Cup and Premiership trophy.

Along with the Reserve grade giving the Pirates a double celebration. In the early 1980's (around season 81-82), with the Noosa Pirates continued growth, the Pirates became as a real force to be reckoned with, in local league circles, The Pirates, in a major move for its future, relocated the senior part of the club to what was then known as Pirate Park , today is better known as Bartercard Oval Noosa Sports Complex Cooroy/Noosa Rd Tewantin. This gave the club a home base location in the centre of the Noosa Shire.

Building from its youth, the Noosa Pirates took out the 1990 u/19's Premiership. Many of these players remained with the club to continue on and play in A'Grade in future years. Growing from strength to strength, the club in season 1997, made a duel Grand Final appearance once again with the "Pirates Reserve" Grade Runners-Up and the A'Grade led by coach Terry Bullen taking out the season premiership. As it had been 20 years since their last premiership win, massive crowds attended not only the match but one of the biggest after match functions seen at the home of the club.

DIEHARD

----
Stewbum said:
North Coast though

I dont think local comp teams would have issues but just for interests sake check out Noosa:

top_06.jpg

line_02-right.jpg

Their mascot is far cooler than that of the Hunter Pirates.

For a Gold Coast Pirates logo I would like them to do something different, no picture of a pirate or skull and cross bones.

How about a picture of a pirate ship? You could make a pretty classy looking logo!

pirate-ship.gif

Latest posts