What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which grand final drought ends next?

Who ends their drought next.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
We're finally a part of the big day for the first time in 43 years, ending an extremely long drought. Nobody else has a drought that long. But if we define a gf drought as more than 5 seasons, which of the teams who haven't been there for a while will end theirs next?

Current seasons without a grand final appearance:

Sharks - 36*
Raiders - 20
Knights - 13
Panthers - 11
Cowboys - 9
Tigers - 9
Broncos - 8
Titans - 7**
Eels- 5
Dragons - 4
Warriors - 3
Storm - 2
Roosters - 1
Sea Eagles - 1
Bulldogs - 0
Rabbitohs - 0

*Not counting Super League. Making it to the final 2 of a 10 team comp doens't belong in this conversation.
**Never been in the big dance.

So of the teams who haven't been there for over 5 years who gets to be in the big dance next?

I reckon two teams could ends their droughts next season. At least one of the Panthers or Dragons will be in the 2015 grand final.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
Five years is a drought? Then what the f**k have the Bunnies been going through if it's taken them forty?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Five years is a drought? Then what the f**k have the Bunnies been going through if it's taken them forty?

The way I see it is pretty much every club, no matter how far down the ladder they are, hope for a grand final within 5 years. And going longer than that is a disappointment. Of course we have had a very long run of disappointment.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k off with your big dance shit.

The answer is simple: Canberra Raiders in 2015. We got dis and you heard it here first.

Big Sam

First Grade
Penrith I can see making it in the next 2-3 seasons. Not too confident on Canberra, Cronulla, or Gold Coast this decade.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
In this comp who the hell knows.

Next year will be interesting, Manly/Storm going through a bit of a transition, Roosters/Souths maybe not as strong as they look this year (or rather the gap between them and the next rank of clubs might be a little closer.)

Panthers/Cowboys I suppose would have to be the top picks.

BunniesMan

Immortal
As a Dragons supporter...DAFUQ YOU ON ABOUT SON?!
:lol:
That was BM's attempt at humour. Penrith is my serious pick for 2015.

Who cares about making a GF if you don't win it. It means nothing and no one remembers the losers.
I disagree. Obviously winning is by far the most important thing. But while I don't feel any difference between a week 1, 2 or 3 finals exit I think making it to the grand final and being part of this special week does count for something.

And there are memorable grand final losers imo. Parramatta in 2001 and2009. Manly in 1997. Tigers in 1989.

BM is trying his best to put the mock on his own team.

Funny!

umm what? Did I say a word about our chances?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I know you are excited mate and I hope south's win but settle on a bit.

The answer is obviously the raiders btw. Lord stick is taking us places.

maccattack

Juniors
You're team is in after 40+ years and all you wanna know is who'll be next??

Live in the now man. Bask in it

thommo4pm

Coach
The Dragons or Panthers in 2015????

Panthers are a shot, but what on earth makes anyone think we are a chance?
We'll do well to avoid the bottom 4.

DC_fan

Coach
I don't expect any of the teams listed to break their droughts anytime soon. But I selected the Broncos who has the best chance of the lot to do so in about 10 years.

Latest posts