What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which NRL teams would you like to see in Perth?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Presuming the Sth Sydney initiative happens which opponents would you like to see most. For crowd pulling power, which has to be the main aim of the exercise as far as we are concerned, I would like to see Sth's V:

Warriors
Bulldogs
Brisbane
or NQ

This is based on teams that I think will get plenty to see them here.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i'd like 2 see broncos for myself and i think there a pretty popular team even 4 non league lovers, but warriors because of the kiwis and bulldogs because of 'SBW'

Alehana

Juniors
i wouldn't care just as long as 1 came. nah warriors would be good, st george, bulldogs, roosters, broncos any of them.

Nuke

Staff member
I would be happy if any teams came over here to play. From a personal (biased!) point of view, I would love for my Knights to come over here for a game. There are plenty of us Novocastrians here in Perth...!

Did Brett Kimmorley really say it was a waste of time playing over here? This just gives me one more reason to hate the useless hack.
I don't believe Melbourne would be the best idea. When the WARL were trying to entice clubs to play over here a few years ago, one WARL board member said in my prescence that Melbourne attracted the least interest of all the clubs at the time (this was in about 2004 he said this). This may have changed since, with Melbourne being the highly successful team that they have since become.

I would suggest that Gold Coast would probably be the least supported NRL team in WA, given they're only in their 2nd season. That being said, I have seen a few people wearing Titans shorts, jerseys, etc, around the place.

dimitri

First Grade
I thought WA wanted to see the traditional teams?

Isn't that one of the reasons why the old reds lost support during the super league war?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think given the changing demographics of Perth either of the older Q'land teams or the Warriors would draw the most. Melbourne could be maketed well as a WA v Victoria thing and the Bulldogs seemed to have alot of supporters here when they played last.

Worse would probably be Sharks, Manly, Sth's or Gold Coast.

b0rt

Juniors
I think given the changing demographics of Perth either of the older Q'land teams or the Warriors would draw the most.
in saying that though the fully signed QLD SOO jersey didnt earn more than the joey johns blues jersey

Alehana

Juniors
Do u guys know where u can get NRL jersey's from, i got a st george one from adidas store at harbour town, but i cant find any, i saw QLD and NSW SOO jersey's at canterbury store in city, but cant find any NRL ones.

Nuke

Staff member
There's a shop in London Court in the city. I don't know it's name, but it's straight away on the right hand side when you go into London Court.

Also, Rebel Sport at Galleria sells some jerseys too. Last time I was in there (a few weeks ago), they had Warriors, Cowboys, Roosters, Gold Coast, Melbourne, and Manly jerseys - most of which were 2008 jerseys. I've bought an Australian jersey in there too about 18 months ago.

Alehana

Juniors
I thought that london court (aka diagon alley off harry potter, nickname me n m8es call it) only sold union jerseys? i've got a few from there but never seen nrl. must have to order them in

Nuke

Staff member
Definitely have NRL jerseys there. Last time I was in the city (December), I walked past and saw a heap of Australian gear (jerseys, training shirts, hats, t-shirts), and could see NRL teams jerseys. I've been told they still definitely sell them.

Nuke

Staff member
Never regret anything: For at least one moment in time, you had made a decision you were happy with.

Go for it! I've recently ordered a couple of jerseys from the Knights online shop. Cost me an arm and a leg, but it roughly equates to 4 days work for years worth of pleasure wearing them, so it is justified!

Alehana

Juniors
great advice, never thought of it that way, the knights jersey's r awesome, i heaps wanted 1 when they were playing brisbane.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Take plenty of money! That shop is great and has stacks of NRL, Kangaroo, Centenary and some SL gear in as well. They also normally stock GB and Kiwi gear when the tri nations is on so I'm hoping that they have plenty of World Cup gear in when it is released.

Alehana

Juniors
oh yeah!!, they should have membership discounts, cause hopefully when i get a job, other than petrol i can c myself buying heaps from there, btw when is the trinations? and world cup? i know this year, just the months

Latest posts