What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players cut up your team?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Matt Orford always used to play well for the Storm V the Dragons and Johnsy's killed us single-handedly on a fair few occasions

gregstar

Referee
LOL!

how good is the term "carve up"?

& how much of a crackup is it when fans talk about their own team being "carved up"?

love it?

oh & every player from the following teams tend to carve us up.

eels - our record against them since '99 is tragic
storm - after being seemingly unbeatable against them once upon a time, we now can't beat time with a stick. we're basically a 2 point speedbump.
bulldogs - the sphincter tends to sweat when they march into view - in more ways than 1.
sharks - although it's evened up a bit over the last 2 seasons thank god!

Nugby

Juniors
Josh Hannay always saved his best for the dragons in my opinion, here's hoping he's not playing first grade in round 16.

The Business

Juniors
OVP said:
Anyone from Penrith usually. Particularly Rhys Wesser.

Ive never seen a team lift like Penrith do when they play us ... ffs give it rest will ya :lol: ... I remember when we played Penrith, they'd ALWAYS invade The Wall. Ahh good fun :) Western Panther is the only one who shows up these days, but he's like an old schooler now and everyone respects his opinion. I wonder, does WP post here too ?

Souths try to, but theyve only beaten us once in 12 years.
Yep, Wesser or Steve Menzies.

RABK

Referee
RabbitohHighlightMaker said:
Brisbane, Bulldogs, Canberra, Cronulla, Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters, Warriors, Dragons, Tigers, Manly, Newcastle, Cowboys and Eels....

Oh you said players? Hell no, there's hundreds of players in the NRL. I'm not going to even try to list them all.

:lol:

roopy

Referee
Brett Kimmorley has played the best football of his life against the Knights - especially when Johns plays.
I think the Knights have only been destroyed on the field 3 or 4 times when Johns has played in the last 4 years - and at least two of those occasions are when Kimmorley has played a few of the best games I've ever seen from anyone.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Matt King has scored something like 7 tries in his last 4 games against us.

The wierd thing is Penrith beat Melbourne twice in 2005 but missed the finals. Yep we copped 3 hidings, especially the 66-14 in '04 in our two best seasons of the past 14 seasons, which were 2003 and 2004.

I'm looking for positives and while Penrith have been terrible the past 3 games, a touch up from Melbourne doesn't necessarily mean a bad season. We were touched up something bad by them early in 2003 and they pretty much got their act together from then on to win the comp.

Raider_69

Post Whore
anyone or thing in a storm jersey

we'd find a way to lose to 13 monkeys in storm jerseys!

anjado

Juniors
for penrith
Matt Orford : he has killed us many times over the years even back at the northern eagles
Matt Geyer : Always lifts against Penrith and i dont blame him since he should of been playing for us since the mid 90's but Penrith thought he was a second rower because of his last name even though he has spent his entire career in the backs even in junior football
Matt King : Has loads of tries against us lately
Lance Thompson : Always seems to play well against Penrith and we always seem to play them around rep time so his name gets mentioned

Any really young winger who had never accomplish anything kills Penrith :
Vea Taliei, Semi Tadulala, Luke Covell,Tame Tupou,Manu Vatuvei

And one from a few year ago Steve Renouf he always seemed to kill us always seemed to score he must of had a great tries to games record against us

reptar

Juniors
Steve Menzies always plays well against the Raiders. And R69, I think Melbourne could forfeit and we'd still find a way to lose to them.