What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Tackle Looked Worst?

Which tackle looked worst?

• Fletcher's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woolford's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'm talking about Fletcher and Woolford.

I thought Fletcher's was worse plus he was allowed to stay on the field. Fletcher was charged with a grade 2 careless and Woolford's was deemed a grade 3.

So in effect Woolford's copping 3 matches(seeing he was marched in the 7th minute) and Fletcher only gets two. Doesn't seem fair to me considering I thought Fletcher's tackle looked fairly reckless.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think that they both should have been sent off.
Fletchers was worse though. Woolford is now windging that the ref sent him off because of the crowd... Well maybe he shouldn't have done the high tackel.
Woolford is only getting 2 weeks as his pleaded guilty.

hrundi99

First Grade
bedsy said:
Fletchers was worse though. Woolford is now windging that the ref sent him off because of the crowd... Well maybe he shouldn't have done the high tackel.

Woolford is entitled to whinge.

Why wasn't Morley sent off last week? Fletcher this week?

This is a hypocritical joke.

I hope that all of the high tackles for the rest of the season result in send offs. If they're not then it really is a farce.

~bedsy~

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
bedsy said:

Woolford is entitled to whinge.

Why wasn't Morley sent off last week? Fletcher this week?

This is a hypocritical joke.

I hope that all of the high tackles for the rest of the season result in send offs. If they're not then it really is a farce.
I think he has a right to whinge about other players not being sent off... But it wasn't the crowds fault.
They should all be sent off.. It would certainly teach them a lesson.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Fletcher's was alot worse. His was a huge careless swinging arm compared to Woolford's average high tackle you would see every week, he shouldn't have got sent off for it but the referee probably used the fact that Williamson was knocked out as soon as he got hit.

oro

Juniors
Is it a coincidence that we have witnessed two of the worst high tackles this year following comments about the Morley/Mclinden tackle?

bedsy said:

I disagree.

If that tackle happened at Canberra Stadium, he wouldn't have gotten sent off, I guarantee it.

I was at the ground, and the pressure of the crowd screaming "off, off, off" for a good 5 minutes while Williamson was getting back to his feet, was enormous.

I'm not insinuating he refereed specifically to the homeside, I'm just saying that the crowd had a great deal of influence over the final result. I have no problem with him getting sent off........ if the referees were consistent and were doing it on a regular basis, but they're not. Woolford was the scapegoat for Fletcher not being sent off.

~bedsy~

First Grade
RaiderMan said:
I was at the ground, and the pressure of the crowd screaming "off, off, off" for a good 5 minutes while Williamson was getting back to his feet, was enormous.
Did you hear us against Penrith when Wesser did the high shot? we were yelling OFF! for ages and he never got sent off.

bedsy said:
RaiderMan said:
Did you hear us against Penrith when Wesser did the high shot? we were yelling OFF! for ages and he never got sent off.

Was Homer Simpkins the ref that week though?

It wasn't just the fact that the crowd was chanting, the injury was taken very much into account. Willo was gooooorrrne. Homer had a good 8 minutes to think, I had no doubts he was going to be sent off. No doubts at all. But I disagree with what P.Peters said in the paper. How could Willo remember that? He was knocked into next week, he wont remember the game let alone the tackle before.

Special K

Coach
bedsy said:
RaiderMan said:
it's how you got Gallen sent off! :evil:

and Fletchers shot was terrible.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Hulkamanic 36 said:
bedsy said:
RaiderMan said:
it's how you got Gallen sent off! :evil:
Well I didn't think he would get sent off.

j_tig

Juniors
without a doubt fletchers was worse. im speaking as a league fan and not a tigers fan here... he had one arm around claytons back, was staring right at him and then swung his other arm in and knocked him out in my eyes that was deliberate. woolford wasnt even looking at williamson when he hit him!!
compared to other tackles in this season woolford was not really deserving of a send off whilst fletcher should have been marched and then made to sit out the rest of the season!!! :evil: :evil:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Fletcher's was way worse!!!!! Now i know that im a Tigers fan but i';; put all my loyalty aside here for a second.

* Woolford and Fletcher were both charged with "careless" high tackles. Under the grading system, there are 5 grades under 3 seperate categories, Careless, Reckless and Intentional. Woolford is charged with a grade 3 while Fletcher is charged with a grade 2, Now i cant believe they think Woolfords is worse.

*If Fletcher's tackle is careless than pigs might fly!!!!! The tackle is at the VERY least Reckless and in my mind there was even a case for it to be classified Intentional.

*Really what Jim Hall has said is that there are a further 13 more serious tackles that could be commited after fletchers. Does one of those include ripping an opponents head right off?????? It makes u wonder what it'll take these days????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
Fletcher's was way worse!!!!! Now i know that im a Tigers fan but i';; put all my loyalty aside here for a second.

* Woolford and Fletcher were both charged with "careless" high tackles. Under the grading system, there are 5 grades under 3 seperate categories, Careless, Reckless and Intentional. Woolford is charged with a grade 3 while Fletcher is charged with a grade 2, Now i cant believe they think Woolfords is worse.

*If Fletcher's tackle is careless than pigs might fly!!!!! The tackle is at the VERY least Reckless and in my mind there was even a case for it to be classified Intentional.

*Really what Jim Hall has said is that there are a further 13 more serious tackles that could be commited after fletchers. Does one of those include ripping an opponents head right off?????? It makes u wonder what it'll take these days????

Mate spot on! The scary thing is the Woolford actually got punished by being sent off and also suffers alonger suspention whilst Fletcher almost gets off free with what 2 weeks slap around the wrist.

Jim Hall should give himself a triple uppercut for his decision on the matter :roll:

braz

Juniors
geez i wonder if it has anything to do with felcher being a high profile origin/international :roll:

different rules for different players :twisted:

jim hall has no idea

Raider_69

Post Whore
It is a travesty that Fleature remains on the park and scores the winning try when his tackle was much worse than Woolfords.........

At least it didnt cost canberra!
Great effort to rack up 51 points with 12 men on the park :shock:

Anonymous

Juniors
I've only seen Fletcher's tackle once and I couldn't believe how bad it was. Maybe I need another look before passing judgement, but I'm still scratching my head about how he got off so lightly.

Latest posts