What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team do you death ride?

I hate Easts. I really do. Perhaps it's a hangover from 1975, or perhaps it's that they appear to be little more than cheque book champions. By this I mean, they appear to over spend for a few seasons and give the title a tilt, but then they're in contention for the spoon for the next few years paying for it. While the Dragons, on the other hand, try to strong every year.

Then, there's the Storm. Where do we start? Why do I hate the Storm so much? Is it the salary cap cheating, the chicken wings, grapples, crushers etc? Is it Bellyache? The list go's on.

What about the Knights and their poaching of Bennett and Co? I'll be death riding them all year and that's a promise.

Also, the Raiders! I hate the Raiders and that Goddam hoodoo against my beloved Dragons.

The Sharks. I don't hate the Sharks but I won't be happy if they really are guilty of drug cheating.

So, that's my list of teams I really enjoy watching the Dragons beat.

1. Easts (the Red,White and Bloosters).
2. The cheating Storm.
3. The Knights.
4. Raiders.
5. Sharks (I don't really hate 'em but I am enjoying their current misfortune).

Anybody else care to weigh in? Who do you really hate?

The Scum and Manly in a league of pure hatred out on their own.

Then Easts, C***erbury and Parramatta (when they're not shit and harmless like they are now).

Then Wests Tigers and Souths.

Then Penrith who it's sort of hard to get worked up about.

Then all the made-up teams (ie, formed after 1987) who I just don't take seriously. I definitely hate them but they've got no history or romance about them and no one who lives in a proper city supports them. And they all change their jersey designs every year. In fact, when we don't win the comp I'm always gunning for one of this lot to win it because then it's like no one's won it. So come on "The Storm" or "The Broncos" or "The Knights" or basically whoever-the-f**k.

I thought this would go one of two ways. Either this thread would end up in the swamp, or a kind moderator might start a poll?

Which team is least popular among Dragon supporters?

I vote Easts (my long held grudge from 1975).

hermidale1

Juniors
Sharks
Storm
Manly
Roosters
Eels
QLD (although don't dislike Nth Qld.)

I find it hard to hate Souths, but it's the way their supporters are carrying on at the moment which annoys the living hell out of me thinking it's just a matter of time before they win the title, so would love to see them get to the Grand Final and fall over, or 1 week out and fall over like last year)

I used to hate the Broncos, but have grown a respect, although they are still stinking Queenslanders.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs and Storm. Dogs because of the 85 Grand Final, their fans, Salary cap cheats, always seem to take our good juniors and then claim they are their's e.g JMoz. I heard a fan say he was nothing until he came to the Dogs. Yeah right.

The Storm because of 1999 and Salary Cap Cheats.

Easts are the club that threw Steve Morris a lifeline when he got punted from the Dragons. Not sure why hopefully someone can fill me in but I was devastated. Since then I have always had a soft spot for them.

W.Smith

Juniors
Cronulla - i dont hate any teams and i quite like players like Gal, Carney, De Gois, Fifita, Beau, Graham but i get jealous when the Sharks are doing better than Saints, plus i have about 3 mates who are Sharksfans, and i do find it amusing that theyve never won a comp

Parra - ive always luvd Saints/Parra games since i was a kid and still do nowdays and do enjoy seeing the Eels get beat but if they are in a game against a heavy favourite and playing well i find myself starting to cheer them on

dragondad

First Grade
Steve Morris got punted? He was offered a one year contract. He wanted two so Roosters signed him for two. He had a great first year but his second was ordinary. Saints were right!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I hate all those clubs that jumped ship for the money and went to Super League. They are all arse hole clubs especially ...Bulldogs , Broncos, Sharks are top of that pile of Shit. Yes they had a vision...screw the rest I'm taking the money.

chris_el

Juniors
My list
1.Dogs - Dragons fan growing up in Bankstown, the hatred for Bulldogs was always there
2. Tigers - 2005 Prelim final
3. Storm - Just because
4. Roosters - For some reason, always hated Ryan Cross
5. Raiders - Dam hoodoo