What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team do you death ride?

silverex

Bench
Never understood why saints fans hate Souths. My dad is a souths fan, so I have a big soft spot for them and regard them as my second favourite team, I actually hope they win this year ahead of the dragons

I can't speak for all Dragons fans but this is why Souths are my least favourite team and who I will death ride every week.

Souths were cut from the NRL when they didn't fulfill all the NRL requirements and were only re-admitted on a legal technicality. In my view, they shouldn't be even in the competition. I don't care about their history and all the comps they have won.

At the same time St George compromised it's identity and formed a joint venture with Illawarra. We did this basically, so we would survive and live to play another day, albeit in a joint existence.

I can understand your soft spot if your dad supports Souths but to hope they win this year ahead of the Dragons, to me, seems to be a very strange thing to hope for. Your support for the Dragons would seem to be questionable at best.

And I haven't even started on what I think of their players and their supporters (no disrespect to your Dad, saint.nick)

silverex

Bench
The title of this thread says 'team' - singular.

Yet nearly everyone has provided a list. I find this to be strange.

But I'm just an old pedant who sometimes can be very irritating. Just ask my wife. :crazy:

The title of this thread says 'team' - singular.

Yet nearly everyone has provided a list. I find this to be strange.

But I'm just an old pedant who sometimes can be very irritating. Just ask my wife. :crazy:

Its because people can't choose just one...there are so many reasons to hate opposition teams and that is what makes the contest so much more enthralling

The Enforcer

Juniors
I can't speak for all Dragons fans but this is why Souths are my least favourite team and who I will death ride every week.

Souths were cut from the NRL when they didn't fulfill all the NRL requirements and were only re-admitted on a legal technicality. In my view, they shouldn't be even in the competition. I don't care about their history and all the comps they have won.

At the same time St George compromised it's identity and formed a joint venture with Illawarra. We did this basically, so we would survive and live to play another day, albeit in a joint existence.

I can understand your soft spot if your dad supports Souths but to hope they win this year ahead of the Dragons, to me, seems to be a very strange thing to hope for. Your support for the Dragons would seem to be questionable at best.

And I haven't even started on what I think of their players and their supporters (no disrespect to your Dad, saint.nick)
Perfect and +1

saint.nick

Coach

I think you will find my passion for the dragons is second to none. If we had a chance this year, I would be hoping for us to win the premiership over Souths 100%. We have no chance. Because of my soft spot for souths, I have hope they will win. If my dad followed the dogs or whatever, I wouldn't give two shits because they havent had that same ultra prolonged underdog tag. Souths have been a crappy underdog team for most of my life. Their fans may be a bit in the collingwood fan mould, but are no where near as repulsive as bulldogs fans. However, you would probably get the first impression that my dad is a roosters fan rather than a souths fan.

ggould

Juniors
This is very easy SOUTHS bye a country mile!!! We had them out of the comp and let them back in worst thing ever to happen in the game!!! 2.The Dogs and 3.Cronulla they have been a basket case since day 1 always broke went to super league come back broke again just goes on and on!!! When ever these 3 teams win just ruins the weekend!!!

1. Storm
2. Storm Holden Cup side
3. Storm NSW Cup side.

Daylight X 10000 the rest

Do I make it obvious who I hate. Everything bad in league these days came from the Cheaters, as others on here have mentioned.

+ 1

64Dragon you took my top three - and I was ready to serve up a good bagging of the PCB (Purple Cheating B**tards)

They are a not a club - they are some one's marketing plan.

No spirit, no tradition, no heritage, ....hec, no supporters!

pre-fabricated - using dodgey materials.

STG 002

First Grade
Roosters and Sharks

Don't judge me but I actually own a lime splice Canberra Jersey from the early 90's...
but around 20 Red V's

Hutty1986

Immortal
Storm, like most opposition fans, I loathe the cheating scum. Least liked team in the comp, comfortably

Stagger Lee

Bench

Just for the record Souths did not get back in on a technicality -the final appeal found in favour of news ltd and that they did have the right to boot Souths out of the competition. This is important to know because the case allows for the NRL to set some arbitrary conditions and kick out any team that fails to meet those conditions in the future.

South got back in because News allowed them back in. While I disagreed with kicking them out I also disagreed with letting them back in, the bad PR and the hurt had already been done so we might as well have accepted the benefit of one less Sydney team.

Bullscum by miles, I dont even know how to rationally explain my pure hatred of those filthy f**kers nor do I know why.... What I do know is I've hated them since I started following footy as a young kid

drake

First Grade
+ 1

64Dragon you took my top three - and I was ready to serve up a good bagging of the PCB (Purple Cheating B**tards)

They are a not a club - they are some one's marketing plan.

No spirit, no tradition, no heritage, ....hec, no supporters!

pre-fabricated - using dodgey materials.

Same. Completely synthetic franchise given a decade long leg up. We lost foundation clubs for the purple stain. The day they are gone will be great. f**k expansion into a disinterested market.15 years and still can't get a decent crowd after continued success.

Die Ribot turds.