What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team ends their premiership drought next?

Next team to end a premiership drought

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Two droughts have ended in the last 2 years. Souths won after 43 years and then the Cowboys won their first in their 20 year history. For arguments sake lets define 'drought' as going a decade or more without a premiership.

I'll give you the hot tip: Sharks to shock the world and win after 49 years. Put your house on it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Two droughts have ended in the last 2 years. Souths won after 43 years and then the Cowboys won their first in their 20 year history.

43 years? the most recent souths team to wear red & green won their first title in their 13 year history..

still a drought, i guess, as it was longer than 10 years... but still..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wouldn't consider 10 years a drought in today's comp. Probably more like 15 years.

Although for Brisbane 2 years without a premiership win would be a drought considering the whole comp is set up for them to succeed.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
10 years is not a drought, it might be for Brisbane fans who've mostly only known success but I don't think you could call it that.

For the record I think they're probably due for another Premiership, they lead until the clock had expired... that's about as close as you get without winning one. Unless they have a horrid run of injuries, they're going to be right up there again. Craig Johnstone may lose the plot completely if Brisbane and QLD win.

LESStar58

Referee
I have a better chance of shagging Miranda Kerr than the Warriors are of winning the comp. Of the above options you'd have to think that Parra are the team most likely. If the Sharks don't make the top 4 this year with the line up they have then I doubt they'll win a first grade premiership in my lifetime!

TheDalek079

Bench
I'll give you the hot tip: Sharks to shock the world and win after 49 years. Put your house on it.

The Sharks are gonna shock the world, because they are no other than the Shockmasters!

*Sharks fall through a wall, and their helmets fall off*

Last edited:

JDSloane

Juniors
If the 'dogs can stay fully fit (as much as is possible over a 26-wk competition) & Grub Reynolds doesn't have any brain-snaps that cause him to spend more time on the sideline than on the field, they'll go real close to breaking their drought. Des has had them bubbling the las' cpl seasons...the stars jus' need to align

Exsilium

First Grade
If the 'dogs can stay fully fit (as much as is possible over a 26-wk competition) & Grub Reynolds doesn't have any brain-snaps that cause him to spend more time on the sideline than on the field, they'll go real close to breaking their drought. Des has had them bubbling the las' cpl seasons...the stars jus' need to align

I just don't see it happening for the dogs this year. I honestly don't see them making the 8 this year.

Latest posts