What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which test captain would you prefer to play under

Which captain would you play under?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timbo

Staff member
I think Steve Waugh was slightly overrated as a tactician.

He'd occasionally have 13 fielders in the slips cordon when the opposition was 20/3 and chasing 500 and some would be in awe of his aggression.

Well it's very easy to be aggressive in those circumstances when you had McGrath, Warne and peak Gillespie in your arsenal bowling to the likes of Sherwin Campbell and Rob Key.

He didn't have the answers against India away in 2001 or at home in 2004 when the likes of Sachin Dravid VVS and later Sehwag got on top.

Don't get me wrong he certainly wasn't a bad captain. But let's just say that he reminds me of Mal Meninga - not a tactical genius but a great, strong leader who benifited from leading a ridiculously GoaT side.

Hey! I always rated Sherwin Campbell.

typicalfan

Coach
Average of 49 seems like substance to me.

Having said that they all have their redeemable qualities. I would like a captain that brought the best out of me and that would likely be Taylor.

I know he's not on the list but AB for sure. Led from the front, pulled the team from the shit and left them in far better nick than what he inherited it.

Latest posts