What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Three Teams to drop out of the 2016 finals.

Dragon66

Juniors
Every season on average three teams from the previous season's finals teams drop out of the list.

Last year I tipped Manly, Penrith and the Storm to dip out. Two out of three ain't bad.

Tough pick this year because there will be so many quality team's vying for the semis.

So approaching this with not much confidence I will take a stab you n the dark to name three finalists from this year not to feature in 2016.

Here goes. - Canterbury, Cronulla and the Storm. - with the caveat that once again injuries will have the biggest say.

Who are your tips?

Minh

First Grade
Rabbitohs, Sharks, Storm.....although most non Dragons supporters would tip us to drop out. 2015 was a fairly strong top 8 so its hard to predict. I think the big improvers will be the Warriors, the bulk of the top 8 teams have stayed relatively the same give or take. A team like the Roosters I see as going backwards one or two clicks with the loss of TVS and Maloney but it wont be enough for them to drop out of the 8 IMO.....Rabbits hardest hit with the loss of Luke, Walker and Mc Queen.

I think the Sharks could go either way. Make the 4 or drop out all together if a big injury toll does hit. Same could be said of any side I guess.

Souths may struggle and as others said, Storm or Dogs.

Minh

First Grade
I think the Sharks could go either way. Make the 4 or drop out all together if a big injury toll does hit. Same could be said of any side I guess.

Souths may struggle and as others said, Storm or Dogs.

Yes I think there's about 4 teams of the 2015 top 8 who are one the edge of making it or falling out....

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I'll go out on a limb and say Bulldogs and Souths. I cannot see how these two teams will improve from last season, their rosters aren't as strong and there is a sense that the shine has come off a little from their coaches. How long does Dessie have to win that elusive comp? How long can Madge keep going with his hard nosed approach? Surely this must be wearing thin with some of the playing group.

As for the third team, it could be a toss of the coin between Roosters and Storm. RTS and Maloney are big losses. As for Strom, I've been waiting for them to fall out of the 8 now for a few seasons, they just seem to find a way. But anther taxing origin campaign could see them out.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Sharks, bulldogs and south's. All 3 for the same reasons. Depth. Sharks have an ok starting 17 but really lack depth in the forwards. Bulldogs depth in the backs and hooker is questionable and south's have sold the farm to get burgess back. Will really struggle.

SBD82

Coach
Souths would be my guess. Shed a lot of players and only gain is burgess. If he and/or inglis goes down with an injury there could be tough times ahead.

Dots are probably another candidate - depending how mbye goes they could really struggle in the halves. No real depth and Reynolds isn't the classic playmaking 5/8. Forwards are still pretty strong despite a couple of losses

And for a smoky... What about the roosters? Big changes to their spine at 6 and 1 could disrupt their structure. Probably a it of wishful thinking since their forwards and 9 are so strong, but hope springs eternal.

Old Timer

Coach
Every season on average three teams from the previous season's finals teams drop out of the list.

Last year I tipped Manly, Penrith and the Storm to dip out. Two out of three ain't bad.

Tough pick this year because there will be so many quality team's vying for the semis.

So approaching this with not much confidence I will take a stab you n the dark to name three finalists from this year not to feature in 2016.

Here goes. - Canterbury, Cronulla and the Storm. - with the caveat that once again injuries will have the biggest say.

Who are your tips?

Great thread and whilst I was trying to get a handle on it I thought if I could work out which teams would be pushing to get in I could work out who would be forced out.

I think Manly and Warriors will definitely threaten the 8 and maybe Canberra so I am more thinking only two spots to change.

Rabbits, Dogs the most likely to go out and at a rough chance if Canberra do play well and press the 8 the Chooks would be next most vulnerable as they have lost significant balance in the halves and go forward from the back and are bit thin in key positions.

Storm will again be OK I suspect as someone said "they seem to find a way" and Munster is a cracker and very timely addition to their spine.

to_ddeath

Coach
Dogs and Souffs are the only 2 I can see dropping out
Scumulla could drop a spot or 2 however I think they'll scrape into the 8 at worst.
Storm are borderline but should still make it at full strength. Win rate! at home too high not to.
Most of the 8 from last season should still be there.

T.

blacksafake

First Grade
Dogs,Bunnies,Cowboys(could struggle to reach the same heights with the travel to England & some players may not be as hungry)

Cagey Mac

Bench
Storm. Cam Smith is due an injury. Without him they can't hold their place.
Manly lack depth So do Rabbits, Roosters and Dogs.
Going to be an interesting year.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Like most people, sorry Miller, I hope the Sharks drop down, but realistically guys they have improved their squad. They will be in the eight! :(

BankstownDragon

Juniors
A bit left of field....but in gonna say the Broncos.

No other reason then the team that looses a Grand Final has not done well the year after in recent years.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

Dragon66

Juniors
Like most people, sorry Miller, I hope the Sharks drop down, but realistically guys they have improved their squad. They will be in the eight! :(

There are thirteen teams that have a chance of being in the eight.

The question is which three teams out of last year's eight won't be there, or will those same eight feature again. It is possible!!!!!!!!!!.........but unlikely.

Latest posts