What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Three Teams to drop out of the 2016 finals.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why are people so sure on Souths? Did you forget big Sammy Burgess is back? He is all class and if he stays fit will make them a very strong outfit.

Dogs, Storm and Sharks are my tip to drop. Saints have it all to do as they play all top 8 TWICE......If they make the 8 they will finish top 4 imo because it will take a big effort to make the 8.

Raiders are my tip to make the 8. The have a great side in 2016 and were unlucky not to make it last year.

BennyV

Referee
Why are people so sure on Souths? Did you forget big Sammy Burgess is back? He is all class and if he stays fit will make them a very strong outfit.

Dogs, Storm and Sharks are my tip to drop. Saints have it all to do as they play all top 8 TWICE......If they make the 8 they will finish top 4 imo because it will take a big effort to make the 8.

Raiders are my tip to make the 8. The have a great side in 2016 and were unlucky not to make it last year.

Because in gaining Burgess, they lost Stewart, McQueen, Luke and Walker. Neither of their hooker options have proven first grade experience over a full season, they have no strike out wide in the centres, backrow or wing, and they have little to no depth. Very easy for them to slide down.

saintjeff

Juniors
We played almost the same teams twice last year .
why does everyone keep saying the Raiders they are so unreliable ,they will stuff it up

BennyV

Referee
We played almost the same teams twice last year .
why does everyone keep saying the Raiders they are so unreliable ,they will stuff it up

I think Raiders are smokeys based on their squad and style of play. They are probably a prop short, but have a goodhooker rotation, very impressive back row, and IMO one of the best-balanced halves combos in the comp. If Brenko Lee gets a start and impressed and Wighton continues his uoward trajectory as a fullback, they will surprise a few.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Depth is going to be a big issue for some teams this season. The decreased interchange has the potential to cause major issues for plenty of teams especially those that dropped players on the market during the off season merry go round.

kit66

Bench
Roosters - possibly, Souths - definitely, Doggies - I f^*ing hope so.

Roosters - I think the loss of both Maloney and RTS is huge. Maloney's influence will be sorely missed as will RTS' metres at the back, getting them a roll on nearly every time he touched the ball, ( Personally I rank Maloney among the top players in the game right now, he's a great buy and a great fit for the Sharkies - they'll be top 4 with him on board ). The Rorters have some great players still but I expect a bit of a slide for them and if JWH goes down they'll be in big trouble.

Souths - unconvincing last year and their big boys will suffer from the reduced interchange. Burgess coming in won't compensate Walker, Luke, McQueen, Grant, Lowe and Stewart all gone - that's a lot of experience, talent and the forum catch word "depth" to take out of any team.

Doggies - Well they're just cheating scum and every other pack will be out to smash them all year - and smash them they will - down to about 10th or worse. I can't wait for our next game against these fagits, fair dinkum, Mose and Packer backed by a team of revenge seeking, fire breathing Dragons. Bring it on !

BennyV

Referee
Roosters - possibly, Souths - definitely, Doggies - I f^*ing hope so.

Roosters - I think the loss of both Maloney and RTS is huge. Maloney's influence will be sorely missed as will RTS' metres at the back, getting them a roll on nearly every time he touched the ball, ( Personally I rank Maloney among the top players in the game right now, he's a great buy and a great fit for the Sharkies - they'll be top 4 with him on board ). The Rorters have some great players still but I expect a bit of a slide for them and if JWH goes down they'll be in big trouble.

Souths - unconvincing last year and their big boys will suffer from the reduced interchange. Burgess coming in won't compensate Walker, Luke, McQueen, Grant, Lowe and Stewart all gone - that's a lot of experience, talent and the forum catch word "depth" to take out of any team.

Doggies - Well they're just cheating scum and every other pack will be out to smash them all year - and smash them they will - down to about 10th or worse. I can't wait for our next game against these fagits, fair dinkum, Mose and Packer backed by a team of revenge seeking, fire breathing Dragons. Bring it on !

This is pretty much my thoughts too.

giboz71

First Grade
Souths and Doggies are the 2 most likely to drop out. Souths have lost too many players and the Doggies will miss Hodkinson and Lafai. Hopoate won't add anything for them and Mbye is likely to have 2nd year syndrome.

The third team is a bit harder to pick. Roosters will be weaker but still have too many good players not to be up there. Everyone picks the Storm to slide as the Big 3 get older but they always seem to be in and around the top 4. Both us and the Sharks look stronger than last year. Canberra and Warriors and even Manly are the smokies.

Too hard to pick really - a key injury or 2 and the season becomes wide open. As others have said, our depth looks good and in a long season, this could be crucial.

since77

Juniors
The Bulldogs have limped into the finals last 2 years, and undoubtedly a weaker side this year.
Souths weaker but Burgess back will bring back some of that cockiness from 2014. Isaac Luke is the one they're really going to miss and if his replacement is a fail then they'll drop out.
Sharks are one of those teams that seem to only have 1 year windows of success so can they be consistent 2 years running?
The Storm will make it because they will just find a way - unless Smith gets injured long term - then they're out.

Top 3 in no particular order:

Broncos
Cowboys
Roosters

Remaining 5 spots in no particular order:

Dragons
Storm
Warriors
Manly
Souths

BennyV

Referee
The Bulldogs have limped into the finals last 2 years, and undoubtedly a weaker side this year.
Souths weaker but Burgess back will bring back some of that cockiness from 2014. Isaac Luke is the one they're really going to miss and if his replacement is a fail then they'll drop out.
Sharks are one of those teams that seem to only have 1 year windows of success so can they be consistent 2 years running?
The Storm will make it because they will just find a way - unless Smith gets injured long term - then they're out.

Top 3 in no particular order:

Broncos
Cowboys
Roosters

Remaining 5 spots in no particular order:

Dragons
Storm
Warriors
Manly
Souths

Roosters lost RTS and Maloney. They've got big risk of dropping.

since77

Juniors
Roosters lost RTS and Maloney. They've got big risk of dropping.

They're also the best drilled side in the NRL - when they're at their best, with that forward pack, their roster is equal to both the Broncos or Cowboys. Hastings will slot in in place of Maloney and while RTS is irreplaceable, that backline still looks pretty good.

hardbaby

Coach
Roosters should still make the 8 but won't threaten the premiership now. It smells suspiciously like SBW in 2017 to me...or Hayne

possm

Coach
They wont get Hayne.

A former Roosters Official who is a close friend of mine told me that a Roosters Official travelled to the USA with Hayne and furnished him with a car to drive during his recent stay in Sydney.

Couple this with Jenning?s moving to the Eels and no big signings after letting RTS and Maloney go, the signing of Hayne seems a real possibility.

possm

Coach
The 3 teams that I believe will drop out of the 2016 finals series are:

Sharks
Dogs
Manly