What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Two Players Would You Sign for 2019?

Which Two Players Would You Sign for 2019?

• Matt Frawley

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Matt Frawley

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Mathew Lodge

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Corey Oats

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Tevita Pangai Jr

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • Brian Kelly

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Young Tomunaipea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kane Linnett

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • George Jennings

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Robert Jennings

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nontime111

Juniors
Posting on the nightshift? Been there.
Is Robert Starkey Robert Stone or Bruce Starkey?
Or maybe their love child? Could be a good choice for us!
late at night it was here in WA.....thanks for the correction! it was Bruce as Robs already passed so we cant clone him sadly I wish we could!

possm

Coach
So with the two poll favourites likely to sign a one year deal with the Broncos - will move with Bennett in 2020, it is looking more likely that Hayne and a first grade prop will be our target signings for 2019.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It's now probably too late for 2019 unless an Aussie (or an Englishman) wants to come over. If I were SGI, I would appoint a talent spotter who would be full -time checking on Pacific Island and Maori players in New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa and Fiji but also the Western Suburbs of Sydney. Penrith were cut from the Shute Shield which leaves a whole bunch of mainly Pacific Islander Rugby players without a team. Additionally, Penrith have a phenomenal junior league set up and keep producing more talent than they know what to do with- eg they released Corey Harawira Naera to the Grubs. He would have been a nice addition to our backrow- way better than Host.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Deep down within the cockles of our collective hearts, we all know that recruitment for 2019 has already been wrapped up.

gitano

Juniors
So with the two poll favourites likely to sign a one year deal with the Broncos - will move with Bennett in 2020, it is looking more likely that Hayne and a first grade prop will be our target signings for 2019.
Don't get too excited possm, the poll doesn't close until Jan 2019.

It's a mess. I lay blame squarely at the door of I. Millward but they won't listen

possm

Coach
Don't get too excited possm, the poll doesn't close until Jan 2019.

It's a mess. I lay blame squarely at the door of I. Millward but they won't listen
It seems Bennett will be available for 2019. I'd be surprised if both Oates and Pangai Jr don't have a get out clause in their contract with regards to Bennett coaching them.

gitano

Juniors
It seems Bennett will be available for 2019. I'd be surprised if both Oates and Pangai Jr don't have a get out clause in their contract with regards to Bennett coaching them.
I'd be more surprised if Brisbane signed Oates just a few days ago with such a clause, given Bennett is going anyway

SGMax

Juniors
1) I think the impact aspect of Taupau would be perfect for our prop rotation.
2) As we have 2 existing centres that aren't going anywhere then it would have to be Rapana.

Otherwise, I may go for a centre option like Joey Leilua or Hayne or even Norman if he is willing to play centre.....Get Rapana if he is available anyway!
Other teams seem to be able to shed unwanted players.

kit66

Bench
Id say Tevita and Kane Linnett. I only said Linnett cause we are already looking at him..(omg) and probably the other cheapies on that list. In fact I would rate Linnett 10th on that list behind Matt Frawley the (II).The Dragons club..thats what they do to fill voids, not forgetting to mention he has history at the club, was it juniors?

Guys like Linnett are useful both in 2nd grade to pass on their knowledge and skills to the young'ns and also handy as back ups in firsts, especially in big matches where their experience can help you over the line.

I'd sign anyone from the Tongan test team forward pack as soon as they're available. Maybe send a scout over to Tonga tomorrow.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
Linnett is useless. Can't attack. Him, Justin Oneil and Winterstein were a reason why the cowboys went terrible this year.

BLM01

First Grade
Guys like Linnett are useful both in 2nd grade to pass on their knowledge and skills to the young'ns and also handy as back ups in firsts, especially in big matches where their experience can help you over the line.

I'd sign anyone from the Tongan test team forward pack as soon as they're available. Maybe send a scout over to Tonga tomorrow.
Linnett - 2nd's no probs, stay away from 1sts. Tonga forwards YES except Manu who is had his time over here

Latest posts