What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who are the biggest storytellers, full of lies, in the workplace, female or males

Nuke

Staff member
I have a unique life in that I'm an aged care worker by day, and am heavily involved in my local footy team by night and on weekends. Both aspects are slowly starting to even out, but both have high numbers of one gender or the other (mostly female for aged care, mostly male for footy).

Both genders are guilty of this, but I can say, by far, that women spread stories of their workmates far more than blokes ... and more maliciously. I sit in the staffroom every day, and the amount of stories I hear, many of which I know (or am sure) are not true, astound me. As a token youngish male (I'm 39 now and have been there for 15yrs), I've heard many stories about me. It's always interesting to hear 2nd or 3rd hand what I'm supposedly doing in my private life ... and with who! Problem is, everyone knows all these stories about workmates are probably rubbish, but they'll still retell them as if they were fact.

As for particular job roles being bigger storytellers than others, I can't comment on 'standard' offices. Only mine. And carers are the biggest in mine!

blue bags

First Grade
I have a unique life in that I'm an aged care worker by day, and am heavily involved in my local footy team by night and on weekends. Both aspects are slowly starting to even out, but both have high numbers of one gender or the other (mostly female for aged care, mostly male for footy).

Both genders are guilty of this, but I can say, by far, that women spread stories of their workmates far more than blokes ... and more maliciously. I sit in the staffroom every day, and the amount of stories I hear, many of which I know (or am sure) are not true, astound me. As a token youngish male (I'm 39 now and have been there for 15yrs), I've heard many stories about me. It's always interesting to hear 2nd or 3rd hand what I'm supposedly doing in my private life ... and with who! Problem is, everyone knows all these stories about workmates are probably rubbish, but they'll still retell them as if they were fact.

As for particular job roles being bigger storytellers than others, I can't comment on 'standard' offices. Only mine. And carers are the biggest in mine!
i hear what your saying, cause im in the same situation, females gossiping at the workplace , becomes toxic for some

blue bags

First Grade
1 of my work places, has 19 females, and just 4 males, and amount of bullshit i hear and see is astounding, most are under 30 years old , and alot cannot think for themselves, being told what to think and how to act by the few dominating sociopaths psychopaths trying to run the show , alot of the times im lost for words and just smile and giggle to my self

Dragoness

Juniors
Laughed at comments above... I’m female & wont argue with the above, woman are bitchier . But I find the males these days aren’t far off, I just think they are a little smarter in how they go about it. With females it’s like a popularity contest :unamused:. Sad human beings, it usually backfires on them, lies/gossip have a way of biting you in the butt!

Generalzod

Immortal
I used to work in IT environment the bitchiness between female colleagues geez it was like watching the real housewives Of Melbourne...they where like chameleons they could be at each other’s throats and the next moment they’ll be drinking coffee at the cafeteria, i used to hear it all the time how did that bitch get the job, I really couldn’t care less...The preconception is that females make better bosses bulllshit they can be more ruthless than males when it comes to managerial jobs.

Last edited:
I worked at an Optus store that was pretty much a boys club. Aside from the occasional testosterone outburst and bad langue used openly, it was far more productive than having women there.

You're welcome.