What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the genuine title threats for this year?

Moffo

Referee
I'm going to have to say:

- Rabbits
- Dogs
- Storm
- Tigers
- Roosters

Can't see a team outside of this doing the business in 2011

Unfortunately for St Merge fans, I can see them falling in to a very familiar hole in 2011. Teams will work out how to play against their defensive line and they will have no Plan B. They also have a number of guys on the wrong side of their career who will lack the firepower to back up for another year.

Cheers,
Moffo

Gaba

First Grade
i think teams who will rely on man example carney wont be a chance this year

teams with more options in attack and can defend will be the threats

Dragons and there arent that many other teams

Maybe storm

tigers are a 50/50 if they can find 2 or 3 other players outside of marshall

Broncos

warriors

Panthers if they learn anything from last year

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm going to have to say:

- Rabbits
- Dogs
- Storm
- Tigers
- Roosters

Can't see a team outside of this doing the business in 2011

Unfortunately for St Merge fans, I can see them falling in to a very familiar hole in 2011. Teams will work out how to play against their defensive line and they will have no Plan B. They also have a number of guys on the wrong side of their career who will lack the firepower to back up for another year.

Cheers,
Moffo

Teams had 30-odd weeks to work out how to set their defensive line against the Dragons in 2010. How did that end up? And out of interest, who are these guys on the wrong side of their career...by my count in a possible starting line-up, only Fien/Cooper and Hornby are over 30.

Keep clutching at those straws. They'll be there come September.

grouch

First Grade
Well this thread has sapped all the suspense from 2011. Congrats St George on going back to back.

On to 2012 we go

Loudstrat

Coach
Thanks moffo. Mortgaged the house and split the options on each getting the spoon. Should be in my new mansion by Christmas. Cheer mate!

If Souffs don't make the finals with Slobless they never ever will. And looking at him wobble around Redfern I wonder just how he will contribute.

Given recent trends, it is more likely that the Chooks or Dragons will repeat than having a Saints-Easts-Wests-Titans top 4. Most likely I think is a Dragons GF appearance again. Chooks under Brian Smith - he'll find some way to f*ck up.

From last years finals series I'd add Brisbane, Newy and Melbourne, and drop Manly, Titans and the ever erratic Warriors.

Wests v Dragons GF with Canberra the smokies.

Until the Rabbitohs sign a decent 5/8th and halfback, they are absolutely zero chance despite a excellent forward pack.

That Sandow would have me in tears if I was a bunnies fan and I'd have smashed my TV over Suttons Harry Houdini going missing performances.

Well, there goes our year.

The team bus will probably get hit by a plane en-route to round 1 and we'll be forced to put together a team out of the Bears and our NYC side for the rest of the year. Congrats Saints. You are absolute certainties now.

Noa

First Grade
Pains me to say it but I think the Storm are 2nd week of finals team at best this season

In no particular order the teams to beat are

Roosters
Dragons
Bulldogs
Souths

mongoose

Coach
How are the Dogs in contention? You lost both Kimmorley and Patten... have a sh*tload of new players who are going to take time to gel. I will be surprised if the Dogs even make the top 8.

Gippsy

Bench
Dragons,

to be challenged by the improvers, Tigers, Panthers, Warriors & Raiders.

Underachievers will be;

Souths: No halves, depth or heart.
Roosters: Brian Smith's teams generally start to implode in the second year.

NAS

Juniors
Was this Moffo in disguise?

Christ, you went back over a year to find that quote.....you are a knob. No I'm not Moffo....

I was wrong....although I believe I picked Melbourne to win the comp....Had the salary cap scandal not blown up, it probably would have happened that way.

I actually don't think Costigan and Smith will be huge losses to St George next year. They were still successful, even when those two didn't play. Smith spent a lot of time out injured and and Costigan was a stop gap. They should still be thereabouts. I'm still skeptical over Sowards mentality, but hey, with Fein and Hornby there, I suppose they've got the hard heads to get them out of trouble.....

I think the Wests Tigers are the team to beat next year though. Moltzen and Tuiaki back on top of a very good side.

Ofcourse, injuries will always determine what happens.

Souths were unlucky last year with injury. The key for them this year isn't the halves or Inglis in my view.....It's their senior players....The likes of Asotasi and Crocker and Wesser even.....These are the blokes that need to keep Sandow on song. Sandow is like Soward in many respects. The difference is that the blokes around Soward have done a better job of getting the best out of him.......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You could have just said, 'yeah I got that one wrong'.

Settle down little one. I was replying to a link Godz Illa posted.

It wasn't meant to upset you.

Here's a tip. Try laughing. It might hurt at first. But with all new exercises, you'll soon gain some benefit from it.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I can't believe our bad our luck.

Injuries crushed any chance in 2010, and for 2011 when we have our best chance in eons, Moffo drops a Grand Piano on us from a great height.

How are the Dogs in contention? You lost both Kimmorley and Patten... have a sh*tload of new players who are going to take time to gel. I will be surprised if the Dogs even make the top 8.

Add new coach and this is the same thing I remember reading 2 years ago and they killed it in 2009.